Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 06-04-2007, 09:14 AM   #1  
Ilene the Bean

Default June Biker Chicks Chat

everyone... Whoa, it's JUNE and biking time for sure... I biked 30k yesterday... No biking today it's raining ...

Last edited by Ilene; 06-04-2007 at 01:40 PM.
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 09:23 AM   #2  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

40 minutes on my bike today. It rained yesterday so the air was cleaner and the breathing was good! WoooHoooo! I love this bike riding thing, but my legs were burning, lol! They feel a bit numb now.
Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 11:18 AM   #3  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

I did it!!! I finally got out on my bike this morning. Fairly slow, and only 9.9 miles but not bad for a tune up ride. Butt is ok, wrists are complaining.

My knees are in heaven though. All the running and they have been feeling a bit stiff, got on the bike and crack crack crack for 20 yards and then happiness. I forgot how much my knees like the biking "chiropractic adjustment"
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 08:22 PM   #4  

Height: 5'8.5"

LOL and here I am proud of myself for my 8 mile beginner ride! However (and a BIG however) the first 4 miles are almost entirely uphill... I never thought I could make it that far going up the hill. I did have to stop and rest a few times. It is a very slight hill, just looooooong and actually goes a lot farther up. But coming back sure is a fun trip! I can really feel those muscles pulling!!

Sue
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 11:03 AM   #5  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

OK, I lied, my butt was sore, it just hadnt developed yet.

Welcome Misti! You should be proud of your 8 mile ride.
Old 06-06-2007, 06:44 PM   #6  
Ilene the Bean

We all have to start somewhere Misti... for doing 8 miles

I haven't biked in a couple of days it's been raining like crazy, I miss it

I just may buy a stand to be able to bike in the winter time ...
Old 06-06-2007, 07:27 PM   #7  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

We have one Ilene, I have to say, even dh who is an avid biker doesnt use it much. Its worse than the treadmill as far as boredom factor.
Old 06-06-2007, 08:59 PM   #8  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

OMG! 8 Miles!? I do good to get 30 or 40 minutes in. Dang...I don't know how many miles that is, I think it's about 2 or a lil' more because we calculated the mile in the car and the first day I did the mile in about 15 minutes, but compared to you gal's, I suck. LOL! Guess I'll build up to it...I hope. I love my bike though and I love riding it, even if it is just a little bit each day.
Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 09:12 PM   #9  
Ilene the Bean

Quote:
Originally Posted by ennay View Post
We have one Ilene, I have to say, even dh who is an avid biker doesnt use it much. Its worse than the treadmill as far as boredom factor.
Oh gawd, and you know how I hate the dreadmill
Old 06-06-2007, 09:26 PM   #10  

Hi everybody... thanks for the welcome! Today I decided to go farther and rode on up the hill -- I knew when I got to the top there was a town center and neat place to just ride around. LOL there was a dead end street with a big hill so I decided to "hit it" and see how far I could get... ha! NOT far but at least I gave it a try. Riding home is soooooo neat almost all downhill! My butt was just getting over being sore from last time, ha!

And Diva, your 30-40 minutes is a great start! My 8 miles... or 12 today... is neat for me because on the way I am riding almost totally up a very slight hill, which flattens out every once in a while to keep me from passing out LOL. But coming BACK is so easy that I almost feel guilty counting it as exercise!! Keep on biking!

I have a stationary bike too but agree.... talk about BORING LOL

Last edited by Misti in Seattle; 06-07-2007 at 12:28 AM.
Old 06-06-2007, 10:08 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 194/177/?

Height: 5' 4"

I've been biking back and forth to work, which is only 3 miles each way. But I still feel it, due to hills, generally being out of shape, and the other exercise I'm doing... I'm planning to do some longer rides on the weekends.
sarah44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 12:25 AM   #12  

That is super, Sarah! A great way to get in some exercise! I wish I could bike to work but it is way too far! Keep up the good work!
Old 06-07-2007, 01:53 PM   #13  
Ilene the Bean

12 miles is great Misti ...

Sarah -- Lucky you you can bike to work!!

This morning I did 15k/9.32miles, got caught in the rain at 8k ... But that's ok, the thing that makes me nervous when it rains is the slipperyness, nothing happened though...

The only thing that did happened is that a family of Canada Geese hissed at me because they have about 10 babies and they hate when you ride through them... As I was hurrying to get passed them I stood on my pedals and suddenly got this massive charlie horse in my right calve... Man, it hurt, I had to stop about 20 feet away to rub the knot out!! It still hurts... I'm going to take a hot bath to try and relieve the pain...
Old 06-07-2007, 09:16 PM   #14  

Hi everyone!

I've been riding tues, thurs to work part way and for a longer ride on the weekends. It's been going well! Today I did about 12 k, but very up and downhill so it felt like more. I'm training for a duathlon in Sept!

Happy riding everyone! And a special welcome to Misti/Sue. It's nice to see you around here. You'll beat that hill yet. That can be your goal, and boy will you ever feel good when you do it!

Later, gang.
boarderchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 11:01 PM   #15  

Thanks Boarderchick, for the welcome! And LOL I don't know about that hill! Especially since by the time I get to that BIG hill I have already ridden my bike 5 miles mostly uphill LOL. But it is a fun goal to work toward!

Ilene, great job on the 15k! I love the rain so won't mind riding in it but as you said I do have a concern about it being slippery, especially since I am still a bit wobbly on my bike especially when I start out and uphill LOL.