Anyone have good results with Pilates? :)

• Hey everyone. Since my knee is injured at the moment, I can't really find any cardio that I can do without it hurting. Even swimming makes it hurt (I guess the kicking/bending) and I thought swimming wasn't supposed to make you hurt. Anyhoo, so I have been doing pilates for my shoulders/arms the last few days! Every once in a while I do the buns/thighs one but it requires a little too much moving of my knee as well so I don't do it as much as the arms one. I know pilates isn't a substitute for cardio, but has it helped tone any of you up pretty well? I feel like my arms are a little stronger so that's good. I would just like to hear anyone else's experience with Pilates.
  • I did a pilates course and I found it really really works!! I was doing the whole body one though, so of course you might have different results, with your injury and all. I found i lost lots of inches with it and felt leaner. I also really enjoyed it. Ive been trying to find a dvd as good as the classes i went too, but to no avail.

I think any movement has got to be good, so well done you for keeping it up whilst your injured, it would be so easy to just slip into your old ways because of your injury.
  • I've done Pilates and love them. They are great if you have an knee injury too. They really work your core and build strength. If you're looking for dvd's try Winsor Pilates. They really kick your butt the results are worth it.
  • I've done Pilates for 3 years, in a class. They can modify so that you can work around your injury. There are many of the exercises that will get your heart rate up, but it is difficult to maintain that enough to call it "cardio". But with a stronger core, you are burning more calories all the time anyway. I love it! I always feel more energized and healthier after my Pilates class. Keep going and good luck!