Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 04-27-2007, 06:31 PM   #1  
Bad Mamma Jamma

Height: 5'7"

Default Any very beginner exercisors?

Anyone?

I haven't worked out regularly in a very long time, but my BP is high and I know I MUST make the time. I'd love a buddy or two (or twenty) to commit to doing one activity a day - any kind! I'm a big fan of the WATP series, but I know I'll be starting over with the one mile tape.

It would be so nice to have someone else starting around the same level who isn't going to get crazy and do like 14 tapes and run 10 miles in the first three days, then disappear, never to be heard from again (as has happened in the past).

Anyone interested in starting out with me? I know the weekend is coming and it's hard to start anything then, but maybe by Monday a few of us can get ourselves together enough to commit to just five consecutive days of SOMETHING. Anything!

Takers?
NicoleNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 06:40 PM   #2  
Lost in Wonderland

S/C/G: 230.5/199.5/150

Height: 5'10"

i would parttake

my big thing is walking , i am beyond a basic exerciser ...

i started this week with walking 1.5 miles a day at moderate speed

trying to do it as much as the weather will let me
CrimsonClover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 08:48 PM   #3  

Height: 5ft 4in

Count me in too! I have just started walking again (after stopping for a while) April 4. I am 1.5 miles away from my April goal. I have been doing at least 2 miles a day 3 or more days a week. My goal for May is to walk at least 2 miles a day 5 days a week. It would be great to have some accountability. How often should we check in?
adaem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 12:58 AM   #4  
Bad Mamma Jamma

Hi!

I'd really just like to be able to set a goal and be able to come here and post that YES, I did do what I said I would. I think the embarassment of coming up with lame excuses would keep me focused.
Old 04-28-2007, 01:55 PM   #5  
Lost in Wonderland

walked 1.5 this morning

and 2 miles last night

daily check in ladies , where are you with your goals today?
Old 04-28-2007, 03:51 PM   #6  

I have not walked today. I usually take off Sat and Sun.

My goal for Monday is to walk at least 2 miles and then on Tuesday start my May self-challenge. For May I am upping my goal from 30 miles for the month to 45 miles.

See you all on Monday.
Old 04-28-2007, 04:51 PM   #7  
Bad Mamma Jamma

I started the one mile WATP dvd and got distracted by a screaming child (only about 1/3 of the way in) so I'll start over later when (oh HA HA HA, I mean IF) she naps. If she won't nap, DH can take over for a bit. Either way, it's just twenty minutes and I WILL have them.
Old 04-28-2007, 09:05 PM   #8  

AAHH. The crying baby while excersizing. I am so glad to be out of that stage (kind of - they still interupt, just in a different way). Don't let that stop you (like I let it stop me when mine where smaller). Every little bit helps!

Good luck!!
Old 04-29-2007, 05:24 PM   #9  
Lost in Wonderland

got to keep giving it a try .....

2 miles walked today
Old 04-29-2007, 06:07 PM   #10  
Bad Mamma Jamma

Yay! Two miles, that's great!

I've cut a deal with my husband who promises to take her every weekday evening long enough for me to do a tape or whatever. He's actually really good with her but if I want to do something regularly, we kind of have to check our various obligations and set it up in advance. So while the weekend was a wash, I wasn't planning to REALLY start till Monday anyway and now I have my plan in place. And really, I will be THRILLED with myself if I manage the one mile tape for five consecutive days.
Old 04-30-2007, 04:12 PM   #11  

Way to go Crimson!! You are really inspriring me!!

Well, this week is not starting off too well. I have been sick since yesterday and I have not walked. I also have not been abe to eat much so I am hoping that will off set it. I am really upset with myself for not making my April goal. (just 1.5 miles short.) I still have tonight. Maybe I will just force myself and take a slow walk. Good luck everyone! See you all tomorrow.
Old 05-01-2007, 07:15 AM   #12  
Lost in Wonderland

i got in two more miles yesterday

Nicole" YAY plans are great! good support from the hubby. He gets a gold star there =)

adaem: thanks! it helps that i come in here every night and post what i had done .... you guys are keeping me accountable! that is what i need more than anything else

hope all is well and the weather is nice where you are!

these nice days have been a godsend to me lately
winter really is too long in upstate NY
Old 05-01-2007, 03:20 PM   #13  
Bad Mamma Jamma

Yesterday was um, insane and I feel really dumb about missing my very FIRST day of planned exercise, but I did get in my one mile WATP today. In trade off, I'm going to do the tape on Saturday as well so in the end, I still get five days.

We have so much craziness going on, the day is over before I know it so I'm just going to have to be a lot better about planning.
Old 05-01-2007, 04:05 PM   #14  

Crimson - I live in Minnesota so I know what you mean about winter. I think that is why I can keep weight off so much easier in the summer than in the winter.

Nicole - Good job on the 1 mile! I know what you mean about craziness! Don't let it stop you. You can do this!

Well, I have been sick again today. I have been able to eat today and spent some time out doing yard work (what I could with no energy). I am hoping that today is the last of this and that tomorrow I will get back on my tredmil and get in at least 2 miles.

Good luck everyone and I will see you tomorrow.
Old 05-01-2007, 07:31 PM   #15  
Size 10 wannabe

May I join you? I am on day 3 walking on the treadmill and need more buddies to keep me in check..lol I have been doing 2 miles a day at 2.7-3.0mph @5%-7% uphill grade.
tinamarie75 is offline   Reply With Quote