walking with blisters

• I have been walking for 1 week twice a day 15 minutes each doing a very brisk walk. I overdid it yesterday and walked an hour and now I have blisters on both feet that are very painful even when I'm walking or standing on them. What can I do for them because I really want to walk but it hurts
  • Go get a Spenco blister kit (try an outdoors store or a sports-goods store) and use it. It comes with good directions.

Moving forward, make sure that your shoes fit and that you're wearing non-blistering, wicking socks. These would be different from your daily-wear socks.
  • I use aquaphor to prevent them and moisture wicking socks. When I get them from other shoe (heels, etc) I use aquaphor to treat them and cover them with a bandaid. Don't pop them just, it will hurt way more. They will go down naturally in a few days.
  • I also have a similar problem, but only with one heel. One of my feet is bigger than the other and the bigger one got a REALLY bad blister on the heel and then a blister ON TOP of the blister. Something on the back of the shoe is rubbing against my heel making it bad.

What are wicking socks? Do you have a picture that you can post? This might help me in the future...for now I've been dealing with it and still exercising but it hurts the bejeebees outta me.
  • I found some Wicking Socks here

http://www.jms.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce..._Socks-_-16418
  • Great! Now I know what I'm looking for. I DEFINITLY need some of those...I see how different they are from the socks I wear now. Mine are actually pretty worn in the heels and that could be why I'm getting heel blisters!
  • I want to thank you guys because I went out and bought like 10 pairs of wicking socks!! They're grrreat! And I can definitly tell the different between them and the socks I have.

Very helpful thread.