Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 05-30-2007, 03:41 PM   #151  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Anne on blue stick!!!! Absolutely hon, sit back with your feet up and bake for awhile. We'll still be here when you get back.

Ilene - you should do it, they are so fun. Way easier than just running.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 04:59 PM   #152  
Powered by tofu

S/C/G: 207/203/140ish ??

Height: 5'4''

Congrats Helen! A sub 4-hour marathon is amazing.

Had a lovely run out on picnic point on the lake last Sunday, then my car committed mutiny and all my time has been spent getting it back in working order and getting me and DF around in one car.

Back on the road tonight, 3 days to my 5k!
shananigans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 09:30 PM   #153  

S/C/G: 261.5/176.5/145

Height: 5.5

I'd love to join ya'll, too! I know Lisa and Archy from another thread but most other names/faces are unfamiliar. I started C25k yesterday and looking forward to day 2 tomorrow!!! I'm SOOOOO impressed with the great running reports I've read in here! I hope I'm able to join the ranks of you successful racers before to awfully long!
royalsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 11:08 AM   #154  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

welcome tricia!

7.6 or so this morning.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 01:56 PM   #155  
Ilene the Bean

Tricia
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 07:25 PM   #156  

S/C/G: 285.2/285.2/185

Height: 5'9"

Yay, anne!

And Tricia, it's so good to see you here!! I'm so excited about the fact that you're starting to run. Woohoo!!

I ran 3.6 miles today, though I intended to run 5. I cut it short because my second toenail felt like it had fallen off. Ha...weird. It's just loose, though. Very weird. I tried to run at 5:00 am this morning but a dog growled at me and then chased after me, so I told it "Go away!" and it did, and then I was freaked out so I went back home! So I had to run at 5:00 pm in the 90-degree heat, and I even did some hills. Ack! I was determined to run, though. I got to the gym to change clothes and realized I didn't have socks, so I drove to a little local store and bought some!
LisaMarie71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 08:24 PM   #157  

S/C/G: 261.5/176.5/145

Height: 5.5

Newbie question - I've just started to run (week 1 c25k) and I've been weight training for 3 weeks, now. I've noticed the scale has slowed to dropping only a pound or so each week. Did you all notice this? I feel like it's surely muscles being defined and that my clothes will begin to tell a very different story from the scales but I'm a worrier...I start to panic right away if it feels like my weight loss is getting out of control. I CAN'T go back to what I was!!!
royalsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 12:48 PM   #158  

Height: 5'3

Hi everyone! I finished Couch to 5k and now I am on a new 10 week program to get up to running 6 miles.. :-) I actually really like running now too.

royalsfan1-I have consistently not lost more than 1.5 lb. per week since after the first month I started to lose weight..My norm is no more than .5 lb a week. Remember slow and steady wins the race!
gremlina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 01:35 PM   #159  
Ilene the Bean

Tricia -- Don't panic, breathe, I promise you won't go back if you continue to do what you're doing along with a nutritious eating plan... You'll get wonderful muscle definiton and a healthy body

I haven't run since Tuesday ... Life has been getting in the way since my car accident last weekend... But things are finally getting back to normal... Weather permitting I'll run tomorrow morning ...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 07:58 PM   #160  
Used to be Archy

S/C/G: 220/171/145

Height: 5'4

Lisa - This is my trick with dogs, I bend down and act like if I`m picking up a rock. I thought it only worked with dogs here, that are used to having rocks thrown at them, but it worked in Chicago.

Royalsfan - I`ve lost 1.5 pounds per week since I started running. Unless your diet goes out the window, I think you should be fine.

Ilene - Hope you have a good run tomorrow!

I stepped on dog poop today and got hassled by a police office. This was after I stepped on the poop so my patience was thin. Since I know his captain I got his name and freaked him out about hasseling tourists. GRR!

But, I`m still happy with the way I`m going. I really have to work about getting up a little earlier to run, but other than that my legs feel great.

I thought I couldn`t run because of shin splints but now that I am spending like 10 minutes warming up doing all kinds of weird stuff (walking on my toes, toes pointed out, in, and normal, etc.) my legs feel like I didn`t even work them. I feel like such a dork, if I would have figured out that I don`t get shin splints if I warm up and cool down properly I would`ve started a long time a go. And I`m supposed to be the smart one!

Whatever, tomorrow I`m walking briskly since today is leg day at the gym. Sunday is rest day and Monday I start with week 2. Woo-hoo!
Eves is offline   Reply With Quote