3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Exercise! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise-34/)
-   -   Exercise Cravings? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise/111134-exercise-cravings.html)

baffled111 04-28-2007 06:03 PM

Exercise Cravings?

Hi all,

Here's a question: I've known, over the years, a few very fit people who get really, really antsy if they don't get their regular exercise. I go to the gym about 5 days a week, and I almost enjoy it (I do like the endorphins :) ), but I never in my life have actually craved exercise, or felt as though I might go batty from missing a few days. Is this just an individual thing, or might there actually come a time when I'm just *dying* to go and exercise? How many months or years would this conditioning actually take? Anyone have any experience that can speak to this question?

Renny Sue 04-28-2007 10:13 PM

I don't crave exercise, but I DO start getting depressed if I go more than two days without it.

My problem is, I'm a gym junkie (outside of sport, I don't like exercising anywhere BUT a gym) so if my gym is closed I'm screwed. I'm starting to get to the point that having the weekend off is affecting me and I'll need to go six days a week.

jokemo 04-28-2007 10:26 PM

I have only been exercising regularly for a month now, and I feel like if I don't do SOMETHING every day, then I am failing myself, so I always exercise in some way, shape, or form. I strength train and do Iron Yoga 3 days a week, and I HAVE to walk/jog on the days in between. Sometimes, I still feel like it's not enough, but I don't have much time for long workouts. I do get cravings for jogging. I love it.

Diva 04-29-2007 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Renny Sue (Post 1672927)
I don't crave exercise, but I DO start getting depressed if I go more than two days without it.

I hope I am getting addicted! LOL! I'm like RennySue, if I go more than 2 day's without working out, I get so depressed and the negative inner talk starts. Like right now, I hurt myself the other day and I am having to take it easy, and I hate it. Exercise is such a great "mood" booster. It's going to be 80 degrees and sunny today, si I am thinking a 2 mile walk outside will do the trick for me!

Enjoy the day everyone! :D

djstorey 04-30-2007 06:00 PM

I'm addicted. Yep, very addicted.

When I first started exercising (at 272lbs), I wasn't real fond of it, but made myself do it. After a few months and quite a few pounds lost, I started liking it more, but can't say I was addicted to anything more than the weight loss. It probably wasn't for about a year or so, that I started to realize that I was hooked.

It's been barely over 2 years now and I'm at a point that I have to take care not to over-do it. I wake up in the morning thinking about what kind of workout I am going to do! I actually just finished a 4 day "break" because I was over exercising and was so happy this morning when I was able to work out again!

I hope that at the very least you learn to look forward to exercising, but be careful that you don't go overboard like I sometimes do.

Ilene 05-01-2007 12:05 AM

I've been exercising for 22 years and am definitely addicted and crave exercise ... My body and muscles get sore from not exercising but not a good sore like when I exercise too much :shrug: