Okay, I just had to share some good news with you all: I have found my perfect gym ever!
I went on a tour the other day because I wanted to check it out and see if it was any good.
Why do I like this gym? Let me count the ways....
1. It is a wellness center type gym (co-partnered with a local hospital) and so not geared toward body builder types, but more average fitness level folks.
2. The average age is 45. Which means that....
3. a. I won't feel uncomfortable around a bunch of people my age who are in better shape and who are at the gym for hook-up reasons as much as fitness.
4. b. But even though there are elderly (they have a arthritis center thingy there as well) and middle age people there are also a comfortable amount of 20-somethings and even some older teenagers, so I won't feel out of place.
5. Also, the staff there are pretty much all in there 20 or 30s and the guys are definate eye candy, which doesn't hurt!
Especially since now I don't feel as inadequate around them.
6. And it is an adult only gym. There is child care but the kiddos aren't allowed in the gym proper. Don't get me wrong, I love children, I used to be a babysitter and hope to have some kids of my own one day. But, it is just less hectic without children's swim class in the pool, ect.
7. Which brings me to the fact that they have a pool just for laps! Fabulous!!!
8. AND they have a freaking spa there too! Facials and massages and the whole 9 yards. Brillant.
9. Best yet-- it is literally 1.5 miles from my home. I could potentially even walk there (but it is on a busy street with no sidewalk and a couple of blind turns).
10. It is brand new and all of the machinery is state of the art. Fab.
I am so super excited about this!!! The only pooh-part is that I can't really join right now as I am in between surgeries. But in about 5 mos...... it is totally ON!
Has anyone else found their
perfect gym? Why do you like your