How much exersice is enough exercise?

• I am new to the site and new to the fitness world. Though I always wished to be a fit lean person, I wasnt born to be one naturally.

Going through this forum I have realized that all of you out in a lot of work each and everyday and I can see awesome results of that hard work. Keep it up ladies.
    But how much exercise is good enough for me? I started of with a 45 mins walk down the canyon next to my house. But last week I have added a morning 40 mins workout - (and soon thats gonna be TJ). I also added 7-10 mins abs in the evening.
    Diet plan is going well. No eating out on weekdays. Salads and low calorie healthy food - mostly vegetarian 5 days a week.

Is that really alright to achieve my goals?
    I have this doubt bcos just today I weighed my self and it was 2 lbs MORE - yes believe me than 2 weeks back? thats really got me thinking......
  • You might find this thread educational. It's about a chapter in Anne Fletcher's book "Thin for Life". She spoke to 'losers' who have maintained for a substantial amount of time.