Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 04-08-2007, 04:08 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/180

Height: 5'5

Default I can't jump around? What else works?

Hi all!

I have decided to start moving this body! I have some limitations though. I live on the second floor so I can't do much jumping around. I can't go walking. At my current weight I cannot use some of the fitness machines I have here in the house. Are there any other workouts I can do that will burn calories??

Once I get down to 250 I can start using the machines...I just need some advice on moving this body (and burning calories) until I get to that point! I can't waint until I move so I can start investing in some of the amazing DVDs you guys talk about . Right now I am a little discouraged.

Thanks for any suggestions you can give. I appreciate it!
RoyalAthena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 04:20 PM   #2  
CouponDiva Extroardinaire

I have turbo jam cardio party 1 and there is not much jumping in it (you can do the low impact version so no jumping jacks, or kicks,,then it becomes more manageable and turns into an awesome upper body workout, different punches, moving from side to side. Its pretty fun and I don't usually like exercise videos.
Natalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 06:31 PM   #3  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

I started with Walk Away the Pounds in my second floor apt. It's low impact cardio, mostly walking in place with some side steps and easy kicks. You don't stomp or jump.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 08:02 PM   #4  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I'm not sure why you can't go walking but I'd try doing things such as exercise videos. WATP is good for walking in doors. You can also use weights and other strength exercises.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 08:16 PM   #5  
The last 10

S/C/G: 200/140/130

Height: 5'8"

WalkAway the Pounds by Leslie Sansone where you walk in place and use a band and Beginner DVD's by Denise Austin with light weights and low impact that won't make much noise.....Using light dumbbells will help speed up your metabolism to increase calorie burn at rest where you can't move around much in your apartment to work up a good cardio. But, whatever you do, don't stop. Keep up any attempts to move till you can use your equipment!
Currydi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 06:10 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/180

Height: 5'5

Default Thanks all!

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I am going to purchase the WATP set. I am excited about getting started! Thanks again.
RoyalAthena is offline   Reply With Quote