How Many Calories Should I Be Eating?

• I can't get over the fact that I've been a member of this board since 2005 - and a member of my gym since 2005 AND NOT A DARN POUND LOST!

My problem is that I get on these kicks, where I'll go to the gym and "diet" for a few months, then stop for a few months, then start again.

I'm REALLY trying to make it stick this time. It's just so frustrating!!!!!!! I've been busting my butt at the gym every single day for the last 3 weeks only to have gained 4lbs

I must be doing something wrong. Since I'm doing the exercise, it's gotta be the food. How many calories should I be eating?

HELP!
  • You can go to www.calorieking.com, and you can put in your info there to get a calorie count.

Good luck this time around!
  • You might enjoy this thread about calorie counts and activity levels.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=109081
  • I don't really pay much attention to those calorie counters. Start somewhere and be consistent with it for at least 2 weeks. Let's say start with 1500 calories if you lose weight, fine, stay there till you reach a plateau then bring your calories down by 100 or so for a few weeks till you plateau again... and you WILL plateau, we all do...Don't go below 1200 calories, but most of all be consistent, persistant and patient... Good luck