Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 04-08-2007, 04:30 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 291/see tckr/170

Height: 5'6

Question Flat Butt Syndrome

Unfortunately one of my disadvantages in being overweight, is that I have no butt, and that makes my shape look even worse. All the volouptousness is in that good ol' gut of mine!!! Im hoping as i loose more weight and fat, and as the gut gets smaller that it would push some balance out and in the rear end.

Are there any exercises that you guys recomend for me to do as far as getting a booty.....im tired of my best friends calling me PANCAKE...!!! lol

Last edited by Angela85; 04-08-2007 at 04:36 PM.
Angela85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 04:51 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 93.6/92.5/85

Height: 5.4

Default :hug:

I was just talking to one of my sons about the very same thing. I too carry most of mine around the guts. Small legs and flat butt. I am going shopping today for track pants, and find that I have to wear mens pants as they tend to fit better in both areas. What I have noticed, is, that the stepper at the gym is starting to help me build more muscle in butt, therefore, lifting what I have to make it look bigger. Still carrying a lot around the middle, but with the ball roll out, and a few other things, lunges, squats,it's starting to work. Everything you do, take measurements, and you will soon see the differance.
Mary
MaryL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 04:54 PM   #3  
The last 10

S/C/G: 200/140/130

Height: 5'8"

The Firm Dvd's are what helped me. I have had a non-existent butt my whole entire life no matter how big or small I was. They do exercises with an emphasis on the "fanny lifter" which is a step up of approx. 14" with barbells you hold and which you gradually work up to a higher weight with. It actually gave me the most butt form I've had in my whole entire life.
Currydi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 06:24 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 237/174/165

I too have the "pancake syndrome" I've been doing pilates and I can tell a difference already I just started about two weeks ago!
mommyof1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 07:00 PM   #5  
Stinger

S/C/G: 0/0/0

Height: 5'5

Oh my gosh I cannot believe you all have the same problem as me. I always said I was built like a chicken (big chest, gut and small legs) with a flat bottom. I too look much better in mens pants. If I find pants that fit my waist (womens) they are always too big in the legs and fanny.

I am losing weight but I am losing more inches in my legs than anywhere else. GO FIGURE. Maybe I'll try some of your sugguestions.
Stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 07:46 PM   #6  
Melissa

Height: 5'9''

I have the opposite issues to deal with because I have a bubble butt and smaller waist. A lot of clothes that fit my butt are too baggy at the top even belts don't help. However, I did find a brand that fits me perfectly but that's beside the point. I was actually talking to my trainer about my butt the other day and was told it is due to lots of squats or lunges with added weight and inclined cardio on an elliptical, treadmill, hiking hills, etc... I do quite a bit of all of those, genetics plays a role too though! Hopefully that helps some, good luck!
Bikini Ready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 09:21 AM   #7  
Am I there yet?

S/C/G: 205/197/130

Height: 5'5"

Funny! I also have a pancake butt. It is wide and flat. I have often wondered if this is because I have a desk job and I sit for 8+ hours a day. Or it may be my mom..she has a pancake butt, too.

I bought a pilates DVD last night, hoping that it'll do me some good. I also hope once I lose this weight and tone up, a nice, shapely bum will appear!
2Fat4myJeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 11:59 AM   #8  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angela85 View Post

Are there any exercises that you guys recomend for me to do as far as getting a booty.....im tired of my best friends calling me PANCAKE...!!! lol

Oh now that's not nice! LOL! I have the flat butt thing too. My friends call me "Block butt". It's big, but not in that J-Lo sort of way that I want. I'd LOVE to know some exercises to puff it out! LOL!
Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 08:20 PM   #9  
Ilene the Bean

To round out that flat butt syndrome you have to do lots of squats and lunges as Bikini Ready said...I love squats and lunges and if you google it you can find umpteen variations of them... Do hills if you walk outside or inclines on the treadmillé....
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 10:57 AM   #10  
In Search of Collarbones

S/C/G: 171/154/125

Height: 5'3"

OMG i am so glad I found this tread! I have a square butt- it is totally strange. Good to know about this stuff- i would love to round it out a little.
futurepixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 11:43 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

I have the same problem!! My pants are always baggy in the butt..makes no sense! I feel your pain.
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 12:18 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 287/252/165

Height: 5 ft 4"

My flat butt, the bane of my life! Not only do I have no butt, I also have what I call my "rubber ring" a ring of fat on my hips that goes all the way around - which just emphasises the lack of butt. I do a lot of work on the stepper, and lots of floor work, lunges, squats. The rubber ring is starting to go, a bit now and my butt is starting to emerge!! Im never going to have the beyonce butt i dream of, as even when smaller i didnt have a butt, but im thinking i can make the most of what ive got!!
pigginpodgey is offline   Reply With Quote