Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 04-08-2007, 08:38 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 169/166.5/139

Unhappy help really appreciated

hiya i need ur help desperately please,i seem to be losing my weight but for the life of me i cant seem to shift it from my hips and thighs and i look bottom heavy,its really gettin me down,i want to look good especially with the warmer weather comin,i got a bikini i bought but i look terrible in it,can u please help me
many thanks
jane76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 12:09 PM   #2  
Ilene the Bean

Hello Jane and to 3FC ... and congrats on your weightloss so far ...

Here's what I think... Along with losing weight are you also exercising? Are you doing some cardio? Some weight training? Eventually your body will change but you have to exercise. Cardio is good to burn fat but weight training will definitely shift your weight around and make you look slimmer...

Hope this helps...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 12:13 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 169/166.5/139

thanks for the welcome,ive got a home gym at home will this help me at all,ive got a couple of light weights also,i used to go a gym but as a mum of 4 it can be quite expensive so that had to stop so im thinking of everything i can do at home thats going to help me
jane76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 01:04 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

I also think we lose weight from different spots at different times. You may find you lose the bulk of your hip weight as you approach the last 10 lbs closer to your goal. And of course, exercising dow there can only help - squats, lunges, lots of work that will engage the glutes and thigh muscles.
sportmom is offline   Reply With Quote