Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 03-30-2007, 03:53 PM   #1  

Default Ouch

I think I've overdone it a bit today. Have probably walked twice as far as normal as I had some extra walking to do this morning. By the time I was walking to work I had some twinges in what felt like a muscle in my right thigh.

Also, I have arthritis in my knees and can't cycle or run, but usually walking doesn't affect them. But oh boy they are sore tonight.

Just feel generally a bit tender and sore

I've now completed 4 weeks of each day walking a minimum of 30 minutes, so am very proud but could have done without this soreness.

I don't want to give up on my routine but maybe a break for a day or so would be a good thing? What do you think?
EleanorR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 04:07 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Yup, a rest day is highly recommended. You'll soon learn the difference between a good ache and a pain. Especially if you have arthritis.
I have grown to believe (a mind game really) that if my muscles ache the next day, they're still using calories. Silly, I know but .... they are repairing and growing stronger.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 04:34 PM   #3  

Thanks Susan for your reply

I guess I was worrying whether if I had a break I would undo some of the good work I've done this last few weeks.

I will definitely have a rest tomorrow
EleanorR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 01:06 AM   #4  
Ilene the Bean

Everyone needs a break this is when your muscles repair themselves from the hard work of exercising...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote