Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 03-26-2007, 02:35 PM   #1  
MrsSandysHouse.com

S/C/G: 212.5/212.5/130ish

Height: 5'7

Post Walk More. Eat Less.

I wanted to start a new thread for those of us who simply walk regularly and eat less to lose the weight and get healthy. I am on my journey to lose at least 70 pounds, once and for all! I'm tired of talking about starting "on Monday" and never following through. Starting today (which happens to be Monday) I really am changing my life. I'm tired of obcessing about it. I'm tired of looking at other women and being envious. I'm tired of carrying all of the emotional baggage that comes with me an over-weight woman. It's my time to shine. It's my children's time to have a healthy Mom; one who leads by example.

So far today, I have eaten smaller portions and have been drinking water. This afternoon me and my DH are walking (and everyday here after).

Feel free to join me here and lets support each other. I "eye-ball" my portions and use my fist as a measuring cup, and walk for at least 30 mins. each day. No fast food. That's my commitment. What's yours?
SupaStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 03:03 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 150

Height: 4'11

I am with you! I always say "I'll start Monday" I wonder how many Mondays have passed. Walking and eating less sounds great. That's how I lost the weight from my first child. I HAVE to lose the extra weight that I don't like. I am beside you. You said it all JUST DO IT!
detroitmami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 03:06 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Praise the Lord! You've got it! Honey, you're going to be just fine ... and thinner!
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 04:24 PM   #4  

Height: 5ft 4in

I am so with you too!!! I too can't even count the "Mondays" that I was supposed to start. I love this idea. Lets try and hold eachother accountable and really do this!

My goal.
-Walk at least 30 min each morning on tred mill
-Eat better (smaller protions, NO FAST FOOD, more fruits ans veggies)
-Get out with my kids more (now that the weather is getting nicer) and run, play, chace, play catch.

Thank you so much for starting this. See you all tomorrow!
adaem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 08:59 PM   #5  
MrsSandysHouse.com

I'm so excited to have new friends!!

I have to tell you that today was very hard for me. I ate a small bowl of Oats & Almond ceral (Publix brand) with skim milk. Lunch was baked seasoned Salmon and frozen vegatable melody (about 1 cup). Snack was 1 string cheeze and 5 carrots. Dinner was aweful!!! I ate 2 pieces of fried chicken, 1 dinner roll, small spoon full of cole slaw & potato salad. The story behind this evenings dinner is that on the way home from our walk, DH wanted to go to a buffet pizza joint since it was already 6pm. I told him no, that I wanted to eat something from home. We came home and the hamburger meat that had been sitting in my fridge was brown...so he suggested we get something quick at the local Publix deli and so that's what we did.

Now...in my DH defense .....we has losta total of 90 pounds himself. He knows how important this is. We both just had a weak moment. Despite the fact that dinnerwasn't healthy, you have to understand that it was better than what we have been eating. We usually eat out 6 times per week (at least, maybe more). It's always fast food too. My DH has put back on 45 pounds and my 9 year old son is 15 pounds over-weight.

I did manage to walk this afternoon for exactly 30 minutes. It was hard. I didn't enjoy it because my panties and my shorts kept riding up. There's got to be a better way to slove that problem. Suggestions would be great. I had to keep tugging at them.

P.s. I did drink 3 glasses of water today. I NEVER drink water so that was good IMO.

Anyhow...how's ya'lls day?
Old 03-26-2007, 09:27 PM   #6  

My day was bad too. Eating anyway. I spent all day outside with my kids (the snow if finally gone ) But for breakfast I had 1 egg, sausage, English muffin and cheese. For lunch it was Culvers at the park (I did get a kids meal though) and dinner was leftover pizza (DH works late this week so me and the kids were on our own for dinner.) I only have 1 soda left so I have commited to NOT buying anymore. WATER, WATER, WATER!!! I am also going to put my alarm clock on the other side of the room so that I have to get up and get on my tredmill.

See you all tomorrow!!! Thanks again for starting this thread!

p.s. I have no ideas for this riding up of the shorts. I hate that too! But one thing that I have done to help me with walking was I bought a weight belt. It only gose to 6 lbs but I figure that every little bit helps.
Old 03-27-2007, 08:47 AM   #7  
MrsSandysHouse.com

I am so proud of myself this morning. I made the kids cinnemon (sp?) rolls and didn't eat one! I even started to lick my fingers but then quickly realized how bad things would gone from there so I just washed them. I am having almonds and oats again for breakfast. Me and my daycare kids are going out to play this morning and I am going to try and jog around the back yard. I'm a dork Hey...it's better than doing nothing, right?
Old 03-27-2007, 08:51 AM   #8  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitmami View Post
I am with you! I always say "I'll start Monday" I wonder how many Mondays have passed. Walking and eating less sounds great. That's how I lost the weight from my first child. I HAVE to lose the extra weight that I don't like. I am beside you. You said it all JUST DO IT!
Hehe, this is why I started on a Tuesday!

Good luck everyone! I walk too when I have hurt myself on the step, or just feel like it.
Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 08:32 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupaStar View Post
I am so proud of myself this morning. I made the kids cinnemon (sp?) rolls and didn't eat one! I even started to lick my fingers but then quickly realized how bad things would gone from there so I just washed them. I am having almonds and oats again for breakfast. Me and my daycare kids are going out to play this morning and I am going to try and jog around the back yard. I'm a dork Hey...it's better than doing nothing, right?
Cinnamon rolls are sooo good. I'm glad you didn't eat it!! Nothing wrong with jogging in the backyard. It is better then sitting on the couch. As for me I had an apple turnover for breakfast yeah I know that was bad, skipped lunch and for dinner a grilled chicken salad from the restaurant.
Old 03-27-2007, 08:35 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by adaem View Post
I only have 1 soda left so I have commited to NOT buying anymore. WATER, WATER, WATER!!!
I also have a problem with soda each day I have been cutting down more and more today I drank only one can and tomorrow? lets hope none!
Old 03-27-2007, 08:59 PM   #11  

My eating was bad today (again). I did not go out and buy anymore soda today . I made some Crystal Lite instead. I tried putting my alarm clock on the other side of the room and still did not get up. Tomorrow is another day. It was colder out again today so no going outside. I will have raisin bran for breakfast tomorrow and that usually starts my day out right.

SupaStar - good for you for running in your back yard!!! You are not a dork! And way to go with the rolls. I would have licked my fingers, the pan and the icing off my kids cheek.

Rock On Everybody!!
Old 03-27-2007, 09:15 PM   #12  
Edge Of Glory

S/C/G: 350/See Ticker/199

Height: 5'8"

Default Hey!

I was just browsing through the forums, saw this thread and it stuck out for me. It's basically what I've been planning to do.

I've been getting in the mindset that every night when it gets dark I'll go for a walk around the neighborhood to get in some exercise for the day, and that I would keep my calories at or under about 1400. The only "fast food" i eat is Subway, which isn't bad compared to what I WOULD normally eat. I've done fine with the calories, but I haven't gotten out to do my walking as yet. I went to Target to get some sweat pants that I could walk in, but when I got home I was too tired from such a full day to do any walking, so I'll try again tomorrow. I went as far as to mapquest landmarks around me so I know how many miles I'd get in if I walked to there and back home. Now it's just a matter of actually getting out and walking =(
VirgoChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 09:16 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by adaem View Post
I did not go out and buy anymore soda today . I made some Crystal Lite instead.
I drink crystal light also. Stay away from the soda!
Old 03-27-2007, 09:28 PM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirgoChic View Post
I've been getting in the mindset that every night when it gets dark I'll go for a walk around the neighborhood to get in some exercise for the day, and that I would keep my calories at or under about 1400. =(
That is my favorite time to walk.
Old 03-29-2007, 11:03 AM   #15  

Where have you all been?