Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 03-17-2009, 10:35 AM   #1  
Sexy Fat Girl

S/C/G: 355/ticker/140-for the moment

Height: 5'7

Default I have a strange Request for Exercise...

So I have somewhat of a strange Exercise request...I usually walk, I'm trying to start Couch to 5K and I ride a bike...usually every other day...(I know I know..i try) Well hear comes the strange part, next Monday I leave with my BF for a while to go to work with him, he is an over the road trucker. And I am terrified that I am going to gain weight I don't know how I am going to workout and take care of myself when I am on the road. If anybody has any good Ideas that would be great!! I am very nervous that all that I did is going to be undone!! Please help me!! I would be forever great full!! Thanks a lot!!
sharpie89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 10:43 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 156/150/130

Height: 5'4

Any chance you could take the bike along? Maybe ride, or do the couch 2 5k during a meal break or before stopping for sleep? That's a tough situation. Kudos to you for your hard work so far! Are you going to stay on plan while you travel?
winning the war is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 10:53 AM   #3  
Sexy Fat Girl

No I cant take the bike along...there is like no room for anything in the truck I don't even think I can take my beloved exercise ball with...'tear' I am thinking the couch 2 5k is going to be my best bet...I am going to feel so weird running around truck stops...lol I am hoping to stay on plan I am just very worried about it...truck stop food is not the most healthy...lol
Old 03-17-2009, 11:09 AM   #4  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

How about taking resistance bands with you?
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 11:27 AM   #5  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 280/272/160

Height: 5'8"

A lot of truck stops, if they are similar to the ones around here, have other fast food places in with it. For example some truck stops around here have Subway, taco bell, McDonalds etc. in with it. So you are stuck with just the hot dogs and nachos stuff you can get in a convenience store. You can get some fruit that preserves well like apples and oranges for that snacking. Microwave popcorn etc. McDonald's has great salads, and you can always pull into a walmart or grocery store parking lot and pick up some things as you go. You can also get some cereals and instant oatmeal that are take along. So your eating, while it may take some extra time to figure out, can be done. The exercise you can do also but it might take some extra planning. If your BFs truck has a sleeper cab you can do crunches and squats in the back and a modified push up, jogging in place (maybe if safety allows), and just take a lap or two everytime you stop. You can do it!
Iheartsushi418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 11:33 AM   #6  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

I saw a blog post on "Trucker's Gym" & the trucker suggested using a jump rope & called it much safer than walking around truck stops.

Apparently someone was trying to get financing to open a chain of fitness centers at truck stops, but could not get a bank loan to do this. There had been a chain called the Rolling Gym around Knoxville, TN, but it failed.

Here is a trucker who describes how he tries to stay fit & eat right while on the road: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/tom1.htm

Good luck with this challenge, OP!
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 11:43 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 150/143/115

Height: 61 inches

Definitely a jump rope. I just love that exercise lol. And all you need is room for the rope to swing and you're all set! And if you've never done it as an exercise before, you will feel it I'm sure.
Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 11:50 AM   #8  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

ooh..the jump rope is a great idea..some handweights would be good too..

I wouldn't worry about the food..can't hubby stop at a grocery store for you once a day and let you run in for a sec to grab some fruits, ready to eat carrots or celery, maybe a jar of salsa? You could also grab some tuna packets that you make up yourself and some of the already cooked chicken strips that are in the bag...

also, lots of service stations have Subway...surely you will spot those along the road..have fun..I think it sounds neat!
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 07:36 PM   #9  
Sexy Fat Girl

I think I am going to have to go and get a jump roap...I guess running would be a bad Idea unless we stop somewhere really nice...I think exercise bands would be a good idea Too!! Thanks all..just a side thought do any of you have an Idea of how I could modify couch 2 5k so I could do it when I am saposta if I cant...like with a jump rope? would that be possible??