Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2001, 12:16 PM   #46  
Mama to 3 Little Monkeys

S/C/G: 232/161.4/125

Height: 5ft 3 1/2inch

Thumbs down Can I join in?

Hi!

Can I join in? I just joined a new gym last week (moved to a new city). I am currently doing free weights, weight machines, fit ball and eliptical machines. My goal is to go four to five times a week. Five would be ideal. Since I started going again I didn't realize how much I missed it. I went Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday. Couldn't go last night and I'm in withdrawal. Whats up with that? Well I'm going tonight. I feel so much better when I go.

Glad to see you all!
Old 11-29-2001, 06:12 PM   #47  

Welcome Anne!

We'd love you to join us! The women here are very supportive and motivational.

Congrats on joining the gym. Yes, I understand completely how you feel about exercise. It's addictive. I miss it when I don't do it, too. I really love to move, and I feel so energized afterward! Exercise is not only beneficial for me physically, but mentally as well.

Marvin, thanks for your words of encouragement. Sounds like you had fun bowling, and that certainly counts as exercise. Just picking up that ball would be major for me these days. LOL Have fun at curves!

Today I got on the treadmill for 30 minutes, walked the neighborhood for another 30 and did my upper arm exercises. I'm feeling better every day!!

Take care, everyone.
Hugs,
Dena
Old 11-29-2001, 06:45 PM   #48  

Default Hi Everyone!

I've only missed one day of exercise since Thanksgiving. However, this morning I felt like I slept through my workout. I did weights and lifecycle at the gym and although I thought I was working pretty hard, I think I was, in reality, a bit lazy. Oh well, tomorrow is a swim day and there's no being lazy while your swimming (unless you stop, of course).

Dena - I must say it again (I think I said it before?) YOU ARE THE QUEEN OF REHAB! It's great to hear about your progress every day!

Marvin - Those "curves" of yours are undoubtedly shrinking!

Anne - Welcome and best of luck in your new city and at your new gym. Lot's of fresh new beginnings for you . I'm glad you joined us!

Ugh, I must say I'm having one of "those" days when I can't keep my mind off food. Darn! In an effort to try to avoid it, I'm drinking too much coffee....bleh

Gotta go fight with myself

Take care guys!
Old 12-03-2001, 05:07 PM   #49  

Default Quick Hello

Just thought I'd get the board moving.... I had a busy day Saturday giving my girlfriend a baby shower so I missed a workout. Sunday I tried to make up for it by doing a 1-1/2 hour workout (30 min. bike/30 min. weights/30 min. run) which felt pretty darn good. This morning I was going to go swimming.....but, alas, I didn't . Tomorrow is another day .

I Hope everyone is happy and healthy .
Old 12-04-2001, 10:47 AM   #50  
Earth Shattering Kaboom!

I'm baaaa-aaack!

I had a pretty successful open house on Saturday ~ good sales, some new customers... so I'm

Anyway, not too much damage done diet-wise, although not a lot of exercise.... plus I have a business meeting tonight, and won't have time to get to Curves (which I missed yesterday too, although I did get a short 20 minute aerobic workout in.)

Anyhoo, here's my schedule for the week:
Tuesday ~ nothing
Wednesday ~ Curves
Thursday ~ Curves
Friday ~ Curves & Midnight Madness Christmas Shopping!
Saturday ~ Our Staff Christmas Party (dancing!)

Hope you all are doing well! I'll check in later!
Old 12-04-2001, 12:09 PM   #51  
Mama to 3 Little Monkeys

Default Good Morning!

I have a question for you. When doing weights how much time do you leave in between sets? I do three sets of 12 (working up to sets of 15) but my husband thinks I don't leave enough time in between the sets. I try to rest for about a minute......should it be longer?
Old 12-04-2001, 06:15 PM   #52  

Hi Guys!

Just checking in to say I went on the stationary bike for 53 minutes and walked briskly for 32 minutes. I also did my PT exercises.

Anne, sorry I don't know that answer.

Marvin, you're doing great!

Jusdoit, 1 1/2 hour workout!!! Wow!! That's great!

I'm practically back to my old self! So now I've got to get busy and get things done around here.

Take care, everyone.
Hugs,
Dena
Old 12-05-2001, 10:19 AM   #53  
Earth Shattering Kaboom!

Red face

Good morning!

Sorry, Anne, I don't know the answer either..... but a minute sounds ok to me. At Curves we have at least a minute and a half between using the same set of muscles.... HTH!

Dean, you're doing awesome! WTG! and keep up the great work!

As for me.... I'm feeling sluggish today as a result of a lack of sleep and about a hundred million things that I have to do! Could we please move Christmas back a week or two? Pretty please? Somehow, I'll get it all done, I promise!

But, I'm looking forward to Curves today... I've missed it!

Talk to ya later!
Old 12-05-2001, 02:31 PM   #54  

Default Hey Gang!

I had a very good swim this a.m. - VERY COLD outside, but warm in the water....aaaaahhhhh. Yesterday was weights/bike day and tomorrow is a run day. So, feelin' pretty groovy .

Marvin - I'm so glad your open house went well . Have a great workout at curves today!

Dena - Very happy to hear you're almost back to your "old" self. What a horrible ordeal, but now it's HISTORY .

Mals - There really isn't one answer to your question. It depends on the type of workout you're doing. I do high reps (20) and rest for about 20 seconds in between. My husband does a program that starts out with a long rest period and gets shorter and shorter each week. There are lots of different theories and programs. So, now that I haven't helped you AT ALL I do know there are lots of good books out there that can help you. One that I use is called "Hot Point Fitness." Another that I've heard great things about is called "Body for Life." Those can give you some good guidelines for creating a weight routine. Good luck .

Well, I have to agree with Marvin - I could definitely use an extension on Christmas! Haven't gotten one thing done yet . Maybe this weekend?????
Old 12-05-2001, 02:37 PM   #55  
Mama to 3 Little Monkeys

Angry Don't you just love it?

No right answers sometimes when it comes to exercise. Thank you!
Old 12-05-2001, 06:48 PM   #56  

I just got back from the gym and spent 20 minutes on the bike and 40 on the treadmill. I also did 30 minutes on the bike this morning. Wahhooooo!! And I did my PT arm exercises today.

Justdoit and Marvin, I haven't done anything for Christmas yet either. It's like it's all happening so fast, and I don't even care this year. I hope I get into the spirit soon. Usually I have a tree up by now, but I start thinking there may be spiders or other bugs in them that I don't need. I don't even want to go through the old Christmas stuff, because they say black widows hide in storage areas. Sheesh, am I paranoid or what?!

Well, one day at a time. I'm going to try to do some Christmasy stuff this weekend, and I have a party to go to in a couple of weeks. That should help me get into the spirit. HO HO HO
Hugs to all,
Dena
Old 12-06-2001, 06:45 PM   #57  

Just came back from the gym, where I spent 20 minutes on the stationary bike and 30 minutes on the treadmill. I also went to PT today.

Hope everyone is having a great day.
Hugs,
Dena
Old 12-07-2001, 07:29 AM   #58  

Well I've been sort of good on excercise this week, just not on food! I think I'm PMSing so all I want is salt, blech! I really should get off my tush and go do a video since my friend is coming over today. God bless.
In Christ,
Pamela
Old 12-07-2001, 01:48 PM   #59  
Earth Shattering Kaboom!

I know just what you mean, Pamela! PMS sucks, doesn't it? Oh well, it's just temporary!

Dena, I'd be just as paranoid as you are! Try not to worry too much! Keep up the good work!

As for me, I skipped Curves last night... I was really bloated and yucky, and my muscles were sore from Wednesday.... I really worked hard that day! But, I am definitely going tonight, and will be walking around downtown doing my midnight madness shopping, so today will be good! Plus, tomorrow is our Christmas party, so even though I'll eat too much, I'll dance it all off!

Talk to you all later!
Old 12-07-2001, 03:49 PM   #60  
Mama to 3 Little Monkeys

Default Hiddy Ho there Neighbors!

Well, didn't get to the gym last night or today. But I will do the fit ball tonight and will be going to the gym tomorrow and Sunday. Right now I feel a little yucky and I know its because I have not kept up with the water yesterday and today. I bought a 1/2 gallon jug with a water spout to carry at the gym. Boy is that a lifesaver......mmmmmmm lifesavers. Dang it.
Closed Thread