Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 03-12-2007, 09:37 PM   #1  
Slimming down in San Fran

S/C/G: 275/191/150

Height: 5'8"

Question Question about joining up at Curves

Hello everyone!

I am going in to Curves for my 2 week free trial starting Thursday this week, and I'm thinking of joining at the end of the 2 weeks, assuming I love it or what it's doing for my body

(You can get a 2-week free trial if you bring in a receipt for a Wendy's entree Garden Sensations Salad, through May 31, 2007... but if you use that 2-week free trial, I was told today that you can't combine it with any other special, like the ongoing 2-Join-For-1 sign-up deal.)

My question for any Curves women out there:

I was quoted $149 joining fee, and $49/month if I go month-to-month (no contract). If I go in for a year's contract, same joining fee, but it'd be $34/month.

So, does anyone know if I could switch over from month-to-month, in a couple months or so, to a yearly contract and NOT have to pay ANOTHER joining fee?

I would guess yes, but I was hoping someone out there may have done this... they were insanely busy when I called today at 9 AM, so I thought I'd ask you ladies instead

I don't want to get contracted if for some reason I dislike it, so I'm thinking of going the test drive route first hehehe!

Thanks for any words of Curvey wisdom!

p.s. Didn't there used to be a Curves subgroup somewhere on 3FC? Am I nutty because I can't find it now?
BerkshireGrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 07:03 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I am in California.I joined 3 years ago and at that time they had a half price fee to join. I paid 75$ to join and I pay 39$ a month. I paid once to join and have never been asked to pay again. only monthly.They are not high pressure and do not try to sell you something you do not want.I have found this to be true of the 3 Curves locations I am familiar with.This may vary by location, though.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 11:35 AM   #3  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

The Curves in my area is doing a food drive for the month of March. All ya have to do is bring in a bag of groceries and the wave the joining fee. Maybe you should ask if they are doing that in your area. Never hurts to save a little money.

I did the contract thing a couple of yrs ago, but I was bored within 6 months and didn't wanna go anymore. Rather than continue to pay $32 for 6 more months, I had to pay $67 to get out of my contract. I perfer working out @ home or in a GYM that has weights and Step aerobic classes.
Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 11:06 PM   #4  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

You only pay the startup fee ONCE, so long as you never cancel your membership...whether it's month-to-month or yearly membership. You can change the membership type, just can't cancel without getting hit with the startup fee again.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 11:31 PM   #5  

You will only have to pay the start up one time, and as someone else said the Curves in my area is having a food drive this month which if you take in food you do not have to pay the startup fee. Good Luck!
webbnkelseymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 12:04 AM   #6  
Proud US Navy Wife

When I joined Curves last year, I got in under a special student rate, which did not include the membership fee. So Im not much help there =/

What I can say however is that the people there were wonderful about allowing me to pay in installments. I was a poor college student working a dead-end job (At Wendy's, as luck would have it), and I didnt have the money to pay for the quarter (that was the student deal, that you had to pay once a quarter) all at once, so they let me pay in installments. So if you have a problem getting the fee all at once, just talk to the people there.. Im sure they can work with you to get some kind of deal!

~Fae
FaeReverie is offline   Reply With Quote