Ab Support Group

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • Welcom Sil! It was great to see a new person joining us. The Body For Life is an awesome program. I applaud you for your devotion to the program and your success! I'm glad you've decided to join us. I hope you can post often.

Ledom-I know how things can get into the way of workouts. Boy do I ever! I missed yesterdays ab workout but I managed to get my time in this morning. I'm feeling better about myself and although I'm not seeing a big inch loss yet I just feel firmer and feel like my back is stronger. I agree that this was a great idea and the support is really helping stick with it too.

I won't be able to post tomorrow. I won't be at work so the only way I can post will be at home. I will make an effort to at least post once during the weekend. Stay strong and keep working out everyone!
  • Well guys, I tried to do my crunches last night. But I was so sore from my workouts from the past few days that I couldn't do very many. I did have a good upper body workout this afternoon and I will try the abs again tonight.
    Have a great weekend ~~~Sil
  • Hey there,
    My ab workouts last week were a bust! I'm glad you guys are here because I do feel accountable and know I have to do better. My girlfriend has a personal trainer and she does lots of abs - when she told me I got this little competitive feeling that actually could be a good thing - for me anyway. I have an ab video tape that I plan on pulling out this week. It is no namby pamby workout, which I have kind of allowed myself since starting this thread. I need to, and am ready to, get down to business here.
  • Ledom~~~Nothing like a little competition between friends to get us motivated, huh? I'm rooting for YOU
    ~~~Sil
  • Hi Ledom and Sil!

Well I'm happy to report that I managed to do my ab workout every day except for Sunday. I sure can feel my abs now. And it might be my imagination but I feel tighter but haven't seen much in inch loss. I'm determined though. I find that if I do my workouts first thing in the mornings I stick with them better. So that's what I've been doing. I'm sore but it's a good kind of sore. I'll check in later to see how you all are doing. I hope you have a great Monday!
  • It's an ab revolution
    OK, I'm being silly! But, I did get out that video I mentioned this morning. It is a serious ab workout. I haven't been doing too well doing crunches or whatever before bed which was my original plan so I decided to make it part of my rotation. I do best when I workout first thing in the a.m. I arrange my life around it actually. I go to be as close to 9 as possible so I can get up at 5. The new plan in UB/Cardio, Ab video, LB/Cardio and repeat for 6 workouts per week. Of course being flexible to have some days for kayaking, hiking, etc. I did jog a mile after the ab video since I am not working today. My plan for dealing with Thanksgiving and my birthday week all rolled into one is EXTRA exercise to offset the EXTRA calories!
  • Ab Support Group
    Hi Rose and Sil,

How are you guys doing during the holiday? My workouts have been good.

My ab tape rotation comes up tomorrow. The tape I mentioned is a killer. I am finally starting to work my abs enough to be sore. Hopefully enough to make them stronger as well. The way I have myself set up now I will only do abs twice a week. But it is a major workout. I'll evaluate how this is working after I have given it a good try.

Any other folks out there that would like to join in here are most welcome. The more the merrier.