Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 03-07-2007, 12:21 PM   #1  
Determined to succeed.

S/C/G: 230/ticker/130

Height: 5' 3"

Cool Any Turbo Kickboxers or Turbo Jammers out there?

I'm addicted to TKB!!! I've never enjoyed working out this much in my life! I go to the gym every day to a class called Turbo Kickboxing and it is more fun than a party. If anyone has seen the Turbo Jam infomercials, you've seen some of the instructors I take classes from like Chalene, Anna Rita, and Terri. Anna Rita rocks!!! She lost a bunch of weight (http://www.turbokick.com/index.php?c...nna-rita_sloss) and she is one cool chick! Everyone calls her "Zena." It's great taking class from her because she's from New Zealand and so she has this great accent and when I go to her class I feel like I'm at a nightclub or a big party.

Anyway, I just wanted to see if anyone here takes TKB classes or does Turbo Jam?? I'd love to share stories!
Gracenote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 03:22 PM   #2  
used to be tofat

S/C/G: 189/128.5/130

Height: 5' 3 1/2"

I'm actually certified to teach turbokick although I dont. I gave the training to myself as a reward goal for reaching all my exercise goals one month. It has helped me better my home workouts so it was well worth the expense. I also own the complete line of turbojam dvds and love them all.

You'll find a turbojam thread in the exercise videos section. Lots of people talking about how much they enjoy the workouts. Glad you're finding the same satisfaction with turbo as I have. It really is a party.
ArtsyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 10:21 PM   #3  
Determined to succeed.

S/C/G: 230/ticker/130

Height: 5' 3"

ArtsyGirl -- What an AWESOME way to reward yourself! I would never think of something like that. I would like to get certified once I'm at a lower weight, and maybe teach a class. Can you teach with just the TKB certification or do you also have to have some other kind of certs?
Gracenote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 03:16 PM   #4  
used to be tofat

S/C/G: 189/128.5/130

Height: 5' 3 1/2"

You're supposed to also have a CPR certification, but you dont need anything else.

Go for it, it really was fun and not too expensive.
ArtsyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 08:55 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 251/248/130

Height: 5'2''

i know this is a little late, but I was wondering what level TKB was for...I was thinking about going to a class...but was intimidated by the name.....TURBO....kinda scares me....i havent worked out in a while..and am looking forward to trying some new classes....any advice??
huniebunie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 09:58 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 305/200/150

Height: 5'5"

HELLO! I am new to this forum but not new to Turbo- I found Chalene on her infomercial nearly a year ago when I was in the hospital for diabetes- something about Chalene really touched me- I was 300 pounds and bought TJ- a few months later, I went to camp turbo kick in August 06 and met the most amazing people. I am happy to report that I am certified in TK, work out every day pretty much and am totally off of ALL medication- please read my story- www.myspace.com/blinkycat and add me if you'd like! Anyway, I was so touched to be able to meet Chalene and the crew- the most amazing people! Love them all! Anyway, nice to meet other turbo people.
As far as being afraid of the name TURBO- GO FOR IT- I weighed 268 when I went to their camp last year- and it was AMAZING! You'll love it! Go for it!
Turbomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 06:49 PM   #7  
Back to make it to goal!

Location: Seattle, but an Original CA girl! I miss the sunny days!

S/C/G: 204/see ticker/140-135?

Height: 5'3

I absolutely LOVE Turbo Jam. It makes me wish I was still living in California!! I would honestly drive 45 mins to OC to take the classes. LOL! But I got the DVDs and have incorporated them into my daily work out. Today I'm doing the 20 minute Burn and the Turbo Sculpt. Grace, how awesome that you've met the crew!!! Anna Rita is such an inspiration to me! She rocks!! Chalene is awesome too in her DVD...she is such a great motivator!!! She seems so cool too!
Tinky009 is offline   Reply With Quote