Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 02-16-2007, 02:31 PM   #1  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

Default Does anyone go to a trampoline place?

There's a place around here named Jump Sky High. They have 40 minute fitness workouts 4 nights per week. We're considering going to one.

http://www.jumpskyhigh.com

Has anyone done it? I've always loved trampolines. It sounds like a way for the 2 of us to have some fun and get a workout at the same time.
cbmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 03:22 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

Wow, don't have them here yet. CLosest we have are Pump It Up, but that's only for kids.
sportmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 01:15 AM   #3  
playin' for keeps

Hi mare!

Thank you SO much for being my neighbor. I'd heard about this place before, but my boyfirend and I decided to go tonight, after seeing your post, since it's near his house. It was AMAZING. So much fun!!! We went to the open session with a few friends. We were the only grownups there in a sea of high school and junior high kids, but we had the BEST time EVER. Wow.

I'd vote for trying out one of those sessions before a class (it was $9 for an hour) though. We got an amazing workout and had a blast jumping around.

Go. Try. Have big fun. We're going back next week.

ps. I'll report back tomorrow to let you know if either of us is able to walk.

thanks again.

cheers!
paula

Last edited by cagirlygirl; 02-17-2007 at 01:16 AM. Reason: I bounced my brains out. ;)
cagirlygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 07:06 PM   #4  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

Thank you so much! Hey, I work in Mt View and probably live close to your BF. We went by there today and just looked around. I sent them an email asking about the classes. Since the two of us will be going, boobalah, my DH, wants to be sure that it's not going to kill him when he tries it. I'm the gutsy one. I loved our bungie jumping years and years ago. I think I can handle the trampolines there.

I want to try the foam pit as well. I think I would love diving into that puppy. Not sure I want to do the dodgeball. I didn't like dodgeball when I was a kid, so why would I want to do it now?

Please do report back in. If it's something that we think we would like, I feel the minimal cost for the classes will be worth it 2 nights a week.

Oh, we both laughed at your comment about being able to walk.

I saw your pics. Wow! As are all the chickies on here, you are amazing.

What type of clothing did you wear? I've got to be sure that I don't "flash" everyone as well as getting a black eye from the "girls".
cbmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 07:31 PM   #5  
playin' for keeps

Hi again,

Happy to report that we both have functioning limbs this morning, after our trampoline adventure. It was a far better workout than my usual run, and much more fun.

I wore a t-shirt (long-ish), a sports bra (heavy duty-ish), work out pants and tennies. They say you can jump barefoot, but I'd recommend tennis shoes, just for traction and peace of mind. One thing: we were all sweating like pigs at the end of an hour. When we go back, I'll probably wear shorts.

Also - after you're done and back on solid ground, try jumping up. We found that we could get about an inch off the ground, and that it seemed like the force of gravity had tripled. Weird sensation, but kinda fun.

I live in Mt. View, so it really does look like we're neighbors.

Let us know what happens if you take the class - I'm dying to see what you think of it.

cheers!
paula
cagirlygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 09:43 AM   #6  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

OMG!!! I want to do that

I was just going to butt in and say - socks for trampolining then you won't get your toes caught down the holes, but it seems they're mesh beds rather than the lattice ones I trained on.

Have fun!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 09:50 AM   #7  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Wow that looks fun! I was hoping that they had one in So. Cal so DH and I could try it out in a few months but guess not

Unfortunately, DH and I aren't allowed to visit the west coast if it doesn't include So. Cal or else we will have to endure my mother's wrath!
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 10:24 AM   #8  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

OH WOW! I want to do that soooooo bad. That looks like a blast. Have you gone yet?
jtammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 04:57 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 163/146/135

Height: 5'4"

That looks so awesome and I'm totally jealous that we don't have one around here.
Soggy is offline   Reply With Quote