Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2001, 05:42 PM   #16  

Hey what happened to everybody?????

I feel so lonely on here. Is everyone busy with the holidays? I know they kept me away for a while too so I really can't blame anyone for not posting. I'm sure having a hard time to keep myself motivated to exercise. In fact, it's been a while since I did any type of cardio. At least a week ago. Tonight I'm going to aim for 10 to 20 minutes on the Orbitrek. If I can keep that extra holiday weight from attaching to my body I'll be happy. Please jump in and post. I need the motivation !
Old 11-27-2001, 06:50 PM   #17  
Beauty is within...

Talking

Hellloooooo!!!!

How are you all??!!

I have a brief moment so I thought I'd pop in and say hi!

We've finally moved! Yay! **** time, but finally over and SOOOO glad we did it. We are now in the Adelaide Hills, surrounded by gum trees and natural wildlife. There's even Koala signs on the roads because it's so wooded up the way to our house. It's a 3 bedroom plus study house with beautiful gardens, and a reserve next door and across the road and one of our most famous National Parks just down the road. The house itself is all in light pastel colours and really light and airy. We had the neighbours introduce themselves last night, and I got to wake up and look out the window at the garden for the first time in about 4 years!! So suffice it to say, we are VERY happy with our decision!

The wedding plans are coming along, it got quiet for a while, but the last 2 weeks will be busy. 2 1/2 weeks to go.... I've got my final dress fitting this Thursday. The weather has been quite cold, with spring basically not happening, so fingers crossed that it picks up soon!

Rose, sounds like you're very busy, but glad to see you're keeping up the Tae bo and stuff. I haven't been doing anything specific, but lots of moving and lifting etc with the move. Now that things have settled, I'm looking forward to walking around our area, as it's quite hilly. The other terrific thing is that I'm just around the corner from a good friend of mine, so I'll finally have a walking buddy again! Yay! Next year will be major concentration time, for now it's just survival!

Taz, glad to hear that you finally got your machine - and what a bargain! Enjoy, you deserve it!!!

What's happened to Shasta? Might have to email her....

I haven't gained weight thank god, but haven't lost either. Maintaining is fine by me, and I think as things settle, and I have a bit more time on my hands, especially when we're away, I'll start to see good results again. But I'm glad I pulled back for a while, I think I would've gone out of my mind otherwise! I miss coming in here and my daily exercise. I also miss the weight watchers meetings and stuff and look forward to getting back into it all after the holidays.

I'm not sure if I'll get in again in the next couple of weeks, so if I don't have a WICKED holiday and christmas break, and HAPPY NEW YEAR and I'll catch up with you soon!

Love you all!

Lynne
Old 12-13-2001, 04:32 PM   #18  
Give Peace A Chance !

Hello everyone,

You guys have every right to kick my butt right out of here and I wouldn't blame you if you did. Sorry I haven't posted in a while but I just post to too many boards and threads. I have dug a big old hole and it takes up a lot of time. I had to cut something to get a moment to myself. Since I was already posting my exercise on another board I stopped posting here. I just wanted you guys to know that I missed you all and wanted to know how you all were doing.

Lynne: Did you get married yet and how was the wedding and where are the pictures

Rose: What is a Orbitreck? I have never heard of one. Is it like a treadmill or something?

Shasta: I hope all is well with you too.

I hope everyone over here is still on plan and keeping that exercise routine up to par. I have been doing mine faithfully. I bought a set of weights and a bench which I used for a period of 2 weeks and went back to my walking. I don't even use my treadmill as much as you would think after all I went through to get it as it has been so warm outside that I walk out side most times.(Go figure)

Well just checking in for a minute

Have a happy holliday everyone

Peace
Old 01-03-2002, 04:34 PM   #19  

Wow I can see I'm not the only one that drifted away from these boards! I'm sorry I've been missing but I really have no excuse for it except that I just didn't take the time to post during the holidays. Now here it is Jan 3 and I'm back for all the wonderful support that I can count on from all of you! Thanks for hanging in here during my absence. It was great to come back and see that this thread still exists.

I've been on a Tae bo kick (no pun intended) lately and have to say I've been pretty consistent. My motivation being that I saw a picture of myself from 12 years ago and it was so depressing to see how I looked then compared to how I look now. I just wanted to cry. But I know with some determination I can get back to that or close to it because lets face it I am 12 years older, but no excuse for me being this heavy. So I'm ready. How about you?
Old 01-28-2002, 09:21 PM   #20  
Beauty is within...

Talking greetings and g'day!!

Hellllooooo!!!

Well, I'm finally back! *whew* what a holiday! I'm actually typing this from work. We got back last Sunday, but been sooo busy getting our new house in order I haven't had time to catch up on anything else....

So it's Tuesday now, my first day back (public holiday yesterday) and trying to acclimatise to the real world again!
Josh started school, so that was a bit of a shock for him too!

Anyway, I will have to keep this short, but just have missed you guys sooo much! Where is everyone now? I hope we can all catch up again!

I'm starting my serious weight loss journey again today, officially, although last week was pretty good - lots of gardening and no money to buy junk food! Over the last 8 or so weeks, since I last made any effort, it looks like I've gained a couple of kilos, which in the grand scheme of things isn't too bad at all!
So today I've brought my lunch, and will be going for a walk this afternoon. I want to get rid of the kilos I've gained, and then down down down!!!

Talk to you all tomorrow!!!

Lynne
Old 02-03-2002, 02:02 PM   #21  

Lynne-What a surprise to log in and see your post! It's been so slow on this board that I have to admit, I haven't even been posting but I am determined to take off some of this weight and if you're up for it I'm here with you! It sounds like you've had a busy couple of months. I'd love to hear all about it when you get some time to post all the details. I've been real busy myself and have to admit that I haven't been too good in the exercise department but would love to get motivated again. What do you say we start a new thread for the New Year and New Us? Just let me know. I'll check back later. Once again welcome back we missed you
Old 02-06-2002, 09:06 PM   #22  
Beauty is within...

Rose babe! So gooooooood to hear from you!! I'd wondered what had happened, but figured we weren't exactly booming before I left anyway!

What a bunch of slackers! I can't talk tho', cos until last week I hadn't walked since the move..... *gasp* no wonder my walking these last couple of weeks has been so slow!

Anyhoo, should we start a new thread or join some others? And if we do start a new one, same name or different. My life's starting to slow down a bit, so I should now start to post more often. I have been walking, and living in the hills, it's certainly doing the job... the fact that I can't walk afterwards is beside the point!

So waddaya reckon? Shall we get this exercise challenge going again? Sounds good to me!

I'll come back in tomorrow, so hope you've read this by then! C'mon girl, let's do it!!!!

Lynne
Old 02-07-2002, 05:54 PM   #23  

Hey Lynne!

I agree what a bunch of slackers. Why don't you start us on a new thread and give it a motivating name. I'm burned out on the creative side so I'll have to leave the name up to you. I definitely need to get back moving to get rid of this extra weight so I'm ready and more then willing to start a challenge and even if it's only a one liner I'll try to post every day. So what do you say!
Old 02-07-2002, 09:59 PM   #24  
Beauty is within...

Okay you're on!

See you at the new thread "Ready and Able... Just! :-)) "

Lynne
Closed Thread