Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 02-07-2007, 08:14 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 314/292/150

Height: 5'6"

Default Walked a mile today

I walked a mile on my treadmill today and did some light weight. I pretty sore and my feet hurt. I have plantarpyhiatis and a heal spur, but I did it anyway. Wish me luck for I'm in trouble with my weight.

MiddleSister
MiddleSister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 10:51 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 153/130/135

Height: 5'7"

I wish you good luck! It is so rewarding to meet goals we set for ourselves. I would imagine your feet do hurt -- and it stinks to 'work through' pain. Please don't be too overzealous, especially early on, because it seems that one reason we don't stick to an exercise routine is because we tend to want to do too much too soon, then we burn out. At any rate, good for you that you're up and doing it! Perhaps you can get some good inserts for your athletic shoes that might lessen your discomfort? Take care!
fatburner77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 10:58 PM   #3  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

If you're hurting your feet, you're not going to do yourself much good. You'll end up in serious trouble and unable to do any form of exercise. There's hurting/sore from exercise, and there's overdoing it, especially with a medical condition on the feet. You should check with your podiatrist before continuing. Maybe special shoes could also help. You may even need to find other forms of exercise, I dunno. But I wouldn't keep going with those problems without getting medical advice first.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 05:55 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 314/292/150

Height: 5'6"

My feet feel better once I get going, but after words the hurt, just like they hurt at work when I stand up and I have a sit down job. I have inserts, they help a little. I'm gonna have to do it with pain or without pain.

MiddleSister
MiddleSister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 06:18 PM   #5  
Ilene the Bean

MiddleSister on starting an exercise program... If you are really hurting maybe you could start more gradually, like walking half a mile twice/day... If you could use a bike it would be easier on your feet...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote