Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 01-26-2007, 01:32 AM   #16  
Resident Witchling

S/C/G: 198/190/140

Height: 5'7"

Yeah, I've had my Xbox for...dang, I think maybe three years now? Must be, cause I got it the summer after my first year of college, and I'm halfway through my fourth year now, so, yeah, almost three years. So I've *got* the system. I was just looking on Amazon and found that most of the pads and stuff were for PS2. I only found about two or three pads available for Xbox. But, I've found the stuff I wanted, and I've ordered it - and I did get the padded dance mat rather than the regular one. I considered expedited shipping, but at $20 extra, it just wasn't worth it. It should be here next week sometime though...I got Ultramix 4 right off, for the "training" modes mostly. I'm so excited!

And I'm SO with you guys on feeling uncoordinated in the privacy of my own home, rather than in public. I always secretly envied the DDR players I saw at arcades, but no WAY was I going to try it out in public like that!
Nikaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 11:29 AM   #17  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjasmya View Post
That's good advice! I know I am still at "Beginner" or "Light" but I still manage to break a sweat and burn calories. I don't know if I'll ever get pat beginner. I have accidentally played "Heavy" before and I can't even keep track of the arrows! I might try it in "Training Mode" sometime on some of the songs I really want to learn.
Training mode is the way to go. I read about it over at that DDR fit site, and boy did it make a big difference! Be sure to turn the metronome AND handclaps on. (I have playstation, but I'm assuming the xBox versions have that, too).

Are you going to join that other site? I'd love a '3FC' buddy over there!!
Mini-Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 09:03 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 150/113/115

Height: 5'4"

Here's another DDR website. I've referred to it quite a bit over the past 7 mths or so. There are a lot of kids who post there with attitude and sometimes foul language, but don't let that keep you from benefitting from the other info they have on the site. There are hints, tips, step charts and all sorts of other goodies to help you along no matter which DDR version that you have. Also, lots of good info on which pads are best, etc..

Enjoy:

http://www.ddrfreak.com/phpBB2/
BattlingTheBulge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 05:36 PM   #19  
Yvette

S/C/G: 161/137/125

Default DDR Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattlingTheBulge View Post
Here's another DDR website. I've referred to it quite a bit over the past 7 mths or so. There are a lot of kids who post there with attitude and sometimes foul language, but don't let that keep you from benefitting from the other info they have on the site. There are hints, tips, step charts and all sorts of other goodies to help you along no matter which DDR version that you have. Also, lots of good info on which pads are best, etc..

Enjoy:

http://www.ddrfreak.com/phpBB2/
Yes, I have been to the ddrFreak site before, and you're right: there is some good information there. Some sites (I THINK DDRFreak is one) will even have posts of the steps you can print out or study if you are stuck on a song that you just can't get past. Also, lyrics, for whatever that's worth. They also have good information on "modding" your pad. Thanks!
Benjasmya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 07:02 PM   #20  
Yvette

S/C/G: 161/137/125

Default Joining DDR Fit

Mini-Me (I love your name)!

I will try to join DDR Fit soon, but I haven't had much time lately. I work full time, go to grad school half time, and am busy raising 3 daughters. I have a hard time working everything in, and exercise is usually the first thing to go (since I haven't learned how to like it yet, unless I am playing DDR). One of my daughters DID ask to play DDR just today, though, so hopefully I will get back into the swing of things.
Benjasmya is offline   Reply With Quote