3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Exercise! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise-34/)
-   -   New to rebounding (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise/102539-new-rebounding.html)

Chunky Teacher 01-19-2007 10:44 PM

New to rebounding

Hello all. I am new to rebounding, I bought my Urban Rebounder on HSN and it arrived yesterday. I watched the video and tried some of the moves. It is a fun way to exercise, but I am out of shape so I am going to have to start small and work my way up. I bounced in 3 minute sessions probably about 10 times. Today I noticed that my ab muscles HURT! Not like crying bad, I could just actually feel them there! I had no clue that I would be working my abs just bouncing. I really enjoyed the smooth feel of the bounce too. :carrot: I am hoping to work up to 5 minute bounces, then 10 up to 30 - 45 minute bounce a thons.

sportmom 01-21-2007 03:23 PM

Good for you. I think I caught part of that demonstration and where they were saying that you would work your abs and how surprised people were bc they thought it would just do their legs. I have a mini-tramp but got it more so my kids could bounce on it and have something to do while I'm working out :) It's just a cheapy. I don't use it tho cuz I have a little too much to bounce at present, so I'm a fan of low-impact for right now. But have a great time!

iggystar 01-23-2007 10:41 AM

Rebounding is the only class at my gym that I didn't really enjoy and haven't been back to. I just didn't feel stable and have motion sensitivity issues somtimes as well.

But I think I'm going to try tomorrow because it was challenging and anything fitness-wise that seems hard makes me want to master it.

marbleflys 01-23-2007 11:04 AM

I have the urban rebounder too, I got over 2 years ago from HSN....I still use the stabilizer bar, but HATE the DVDs....I use dance music station from my cable co.....I do it barefoot and inbetween do sets with dumbbells and a step, wt. bench....I get an EXCELLENT cardio/wts. workout, my HR goes up to the low 140s and I SWEAT every AM in the privacy of my own livingroom where my cats could care less that I behave like a lunatic.

since the beginning of the year (i didn't exercise for 8 months--stupidity and family obligagtions) I've lost almost 4 inches off my waist and decreased the size of my upper thighs....the midsection shows definate improvement....less jiggle.

Darl2541 01-25-2007 04:36 PM

You know, no matter how many different videos and exercise equipment I've used, after 2 yrs, I still go back to my Urban Rebounder. Right now I'm using Yourself Fitness program and I use my rebounder for the warmup (5 mins) and another 10-15 doing different jumping on it. It really raises my heart rate and is so much better on my joints. I then continue on to my workout. I like the above poster got tired of the videos (I have three compilations). But I just take different things from all the videos and use them on my own...like when I'm watching tv.

You are doing the jumping correctly if your abs are feeling it. Good for you!

marbleflys 01-25-2007 05:02 PM

I could never sustain the pace,momentum and impact on the ground that I do on the rebounder....I would be crawling afterwards.I do a wide leg high knee lift with my toes facing out...and feel it especially in the glutes/inner thighs, but no joint soreness or back pain.

what other foot moves does everyone use? I also do heel digs.

Darl2541 01-25-2007 05:20 PM

I had bladder surgery a couple of years back, so jogging and jumping jacks on the ground are out. I can do them on the rebounder. I really enjoy doing double jacks and jumping up and down with my ankles and knees together with my arms reaching up above my head as I'm jumping. Really gets the old heart pumping.