Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2001, 09:38 AM   #16  
Give Peace A Chance !

Good morning people,

It is dry here today and the sun has peeked through although it is cold outside I'm going walking this morning. I'll bundle up really good and go for it. Thanks Lynne. No I'm a Libra. Your birthday is the day before my oldest sisters. She is very kind hearted(A true Scorpio) I hope you lose when you weigh in. I don't weigh untill Friday. I hope the scales are kind to me on my birthday and TOM stays away from me at least untill next week.

Well I got to get moving. i'm late getting strated this morning.
Talk to you all later on today

Have a good day all
Old 10-17-2001, 12:56 PM   #17  

Good Morning all!

Well it's been so busy this week I've only had time to do my Oxycise in the mornings. I'm hoping to get back on track this weekend. I've been so tired lately I think I'm coming down with a cold. I hope not but you just never know.

Taz-Do you have any special plans for your birthday? I hope you have a great one! Hey that's great about the treadmill. I'm glad you found one. Sears sells awesome exercise equipement. There are a couple of people on here that bought elllipticals from Sears and they have great quality machines. I bet you will love it! Let us know how it goes this weekend.

Lynne-What are Chuppa Chups? I love to bowl. It sounds like fun. I love spring rolls myself. I could eat those forever. I hope your weigh in goes well. Let us know.

Shasta-Where are you? Check in when you can.

Okay I'll check in with you all later.
Old 10-17-2001, 09:46 PM   #18  
Beauty is within...

Hellooo all!

I go get my dress today!!!!!!! In 3 hours I get to see MY dress for the first time!!! Sure beats when I was trying on the display one that was too small and I was flashing my back and bra to everyone!

I'm a bit hungover today.. ... Marc and I were indulging in a bit of port last night while I gave myself a footspa, pedicure and manicure and I had a bit too much I think! I'm spewing cos my nail varnish got smudged when I went to bed! Still looks pretty though... nice soft pink/lilac colour to match my new clothes! I'm feeling quite beautiful and feminine today..... (*batting my eyelids and grinning* hee hee)

Anyway, I'm feeling really good physically, and am hoping to get my swim in tonight - couldn't go last night, but that's another story!

Well, I lost a whopping 0.3 kilos! That's about .66 pounds, which is the same loss I had about 4 weeks ago! LOL I know it's more, but won't see it till next week. Feels good though! But I have to lose what I gained a couple of weeks ago first!

Taz, glad to hear you'll be able to get out and walk - there's nothing quite like it is there? If I don't get a chance beforehand....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR TTTTAAAAAAZZZZZ
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUUOOOOOUUUUUU!!! *BIG HUGS AND KISSES!*

Rose, well done on getting some exercise - might not be much to you, but AT LEAST YOU'VE DONE SOME!!! I hope you don't get sick, that wouldn't help your busy life! I laughed when you asked what a chuppa chup is = you are deprived girl! lol They are round hard lolly balls on the end of a stick in flavours like strawberries and cream, and they're just the right size to sit in your cheek with the stick hanging out = SUCH a good look at reception! LOL

Hope you're all having a nice day.
Lynne
Old 10-18-2001, 10:56 AM   #19  
Give Peace A Chance !

Thank you Lynn, you are a sweetie.

I'm on my way out to walk right now. I had to go to my moms this morning and help her do some thing so it threw my schedule off. I plan to do 4-5 miles today as it is pretty warm outside for a change. i'll still keep pretty warm thoguh. I would hate to catch a chill.

I'll check in a little later on. Have a good day all.
Old 10-19-2001, 08:05 AM   #20  
Give Peace A Chance !

Good morning all,

IT"S MY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!

I'm going to walk this morning and then my kids are coming over to take me out. I don't know where but I know I will love it. I just stopped in to say Hi. got to get going .

See you guys tomorrow!
Old 10-19-2001, 12:44 PM   #21  

Exclamation To: Tazmoni77

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!

I hope you enjoy your special day!

Vivica

Old 10-19-2001, 06:07 PM   #22  

Hi All!

TAZ-HAPPY BIRTHDAY. I hope you have a great day!

Lynne-thanks so much for the words of encouragement! I need all the help I can get. I did manage a few minutes on the Orbitrek last night. So it was something! How is your dress? I bet you look great! How exciting.

Well I hope to get some exercise in tonight but with my son's football game at 7 I doubt if I will have much time so I'll aim for 15 minutes and then really do a workout tomorrow. Thanks everyone for being here and giving such good support! See you all tomorrow!
Old 10-20-2001, 09:44 AM   #23  
Give Peace A Chance !

Hello all,

Thanks for all the wonderful birthday wishes, you guys are marvalous.

Lynne: I really wish I wasn't so afraid to swim now. you make it sound so soothing and calming. you seem to enjoy it so much. I do get into the H20 for H20 aerobis 3 times a week for an hour, but I just can't bring myself to swim and I used to swim all the time when I was a teenager. I have no clue where this fear comes from now. I'm glad you get to enjoy it though.

Rose: I'm glad to see you back in the game. CONGRADS!!!! you got on your Orbitrex and did your workout. You may have to take it slow and not be able to do as much as you would like at first but as you get back to your old routine you'll increase you time and speed. We'll have to run to keep up wuth you after that.
I hope your son won his game. What is the name of the team he plays on and is this colledge ball?

WE'll I'm going to get moving, I still need to go out and walk before my delivery arrives. it is warm and sunny outside today so I'm going to take advantage of it.

Talk to you guys later..............HAVE A GOOD DAY!!!!!
Old 10-20-2001, 02:45 PM   #24  

Lightbulb I'm BACK!

Hi ROSE, LYNNE, TAZ:
How we doing??????
Sorry I've been gone so long. I have been very busy with my mom and shopping for my aunt in ALASKA. Plus I hurt my back a little over 3-4 days ago. I've been feeling a little sick lately.
I got three days of excercise last week and three this week, despite feeling ick.
I got these new excercise tapes by MINNA....
One is Yoga and Pilates.
The other is a strength fat burning one. Man can really feel those thighs and butt working.
I need to sit down and figure out my routine this weekend...so I can fit all of this in...hehe. I still want to do my weightlifting three times a week and aerobics three times a week. I need to wait til my back feels better.
I took these pictures like in June of myself...I really do see a difference, that is so motivating

Rose: Hey girl, how ya doing? What is the ORBITRECK???? I think every little excercise does help!!! Whatever you can do! Still doing TAEBO??? You can do it! As little as three days per week really HELPS....Hope all is well with ya!

Taz: You sound like your doing great! I want to wish you a HAPPY Happy BIrthday! I think your doing so good with your walking!!!! 4-5 miles is just AMAZInG! WOOOHOOO, YOU GO GIRL!!!!! Keep burning those CALORIES!!!!

LYNNE: Hey girl, I'm so excited to hear about your dress! It sounds like your doing so good!!!! The swimming sounds like so much fun. I'm so Proud your doing so well...WOOOHOO lynne. Your just going to look AWESOME in your dress. Keep up the good work, IT WILL ALL PAY OFF!!!!! The spa sounds like a little piece of heaven.

Girls, STAY STRONG....BURN THAT BUTTER....

love,
shasta
Old 10-21-2001, 08:46 AM   #25  
Give Peace A Chance !

Good morning all,

Shasta: Sorry to hear about your back pain and you are feeling a bit under the weather too. YUK for real. I hope you get better real soon and be totally back in the pink. It is fabulous that you were still able to do any form of exercise when you weren't feeling good. I am such a baby about that. When I'm not well I stay in bed and whin a lot.

Alright, you would think I would be walking on a brand new treadmill by now wouldn't you. NOT!!!! When it was delivered yesterday the control panel was broken on it and it had to be taken back to Sears. Now I'm told that the earliest they can deliver my treadmill is Wed. I am outraged to say the least.I want my new toy!!!!!!!

Well, I need to get out and walk now before it starts to rain again. We are getting more rain too today. Can I get a break or what?

Have a good day everyone.
Old 10-22-2001, 11:01 AM   #26  

Hi Everyone!

Well here it is Friday already! I can't believe how fast the weekends go. I managed to do my Orbitrek twice over the weekend but only for fifteen minutes each time. It just wore me out. I think I'm going to go back to the spark program which is 10 minutes of exercise three times a day spread throughout the day. Just until I get back into the swing of things. This weekend will be super busy for me with my son's homecoming game and dance so I won't get a whole lot done over the weekend. So that means I need get moving during the week.

Taz-what a bummer about your treadmill! I would be pretty angry myself! I hope they get it to you at least by Weds. But it's good that you didn't get stuck with a broken one and then have to have them come back to get it and bring you a new one. Good job on keeping up with the exercise!

Shasta-Alaska sounds great! That's one place I would love to visit. I'm glad to see you're back. An Orbitrek is an elliptical machine but much smaller then the ones in the gym and much less expensive. It is really a workout. I sure can feel it in my legs and butt when I do it. Now it's just a matter of doing it! I hope you'll be able to post more now that you're back. We missed you!

Lynne-How's the dress? I bet it's gorgeous. Post when you can. I know how busy you must be.

Okay everyone. I'm going to make a commitment to exercise tonight. I need to keep moving. Thanks for all of your support. I really need it.
Old 10-22-2001, 08:59 PM   #27  
Beauty is within...

Hi guys!

Sorry I haven't posted in a while, it's been rather busy around here lately, and I don't think it's going to get much better until we get back from New Zealand!

I had an amazing week last week, and one of the things most significant was that I had a major psychological breakthrough with myself over the whole self-esteem, weight loss drama. I finally accepted that gaining weight was not my fault, that I'm not to be blamed for having a low metabolism and not being able to lead the same lifestyle as a lot of others. I don't have to feel guilty and beat myself up because I have more love handles than others. Basically, I learnt to accept that I am a great person, the weight issue is irrelevant to that, and being overweight is just something I have to accept as the way my body works. Accepting that if I lead a certain way of life, I'll always be overweight, or I can change it by changing my way of life, but either way I'm still Lynne. Does that make sense? It was quite a breakthrough. Because now if I have a "bad" day, it just means it will take longer to get where I want to be, rather than feeling like a failure and ending up in that vicious cycle again!

Taz, where did you ending up going for your birthday? Sounds like you had a great day - my birthday's this Thursday, but I'm so busy at the moment that it's almost tempting to forget about it altogether! Sorry to hear the hassles with your machine = you and Rose aren't doing well are you? Hey that was nice of Vivica, whoever they are!

Rose, glad to see you're getting back into it. I confess I haven't exercised all week, and am I feeling it or what! As usual, other things come up! However, I got quite a bit of cleaning done, so that's something!

Shasta, you are amazing girl! So much enthusiasm and energy, can you pass some my way?? Glad to see you're still around and sorry to hear you hurt your back. I've always got hassles with mine, so I can fully sympathise! Hope you feel better soon. Be careful not to strain it with all those tapes!

I've got a description of the dress, and I'll post it in a sec...

Lynne
Old 10-22-2001, 09:03 PM   #28  
Beauty is within...

Okay, here goes about the dress etc -

Firstly, got the dress, fit really well. It's really beautiful. It's in a duchess satin in ivory, and has slightly off the shoulder straps that are about 2cm wide (so no sleeves - brave me!), and a heart shaped neckline that's quite low. The bodice is whale-boned, so it's very very fitting, and a bit like a corset, with the bottom of the top sitting just over the hips. The skirt is separate, and is full with a netted petticoat underneath. The fabric, being a duchess satin, is quite thick and heavy, and really yummy. It has embroidery in the top and around the bottom of the skirt in two tones of champagne and pale apricot in little flowers. The skirt has a train at the back, but not really long, just enough to be able to pick up and hold in my hand later. It only needs slight adjustments, so I have to go and get my first fitting next week!! Woo hoo!
The veil is gorgeous - it's two layers in a rounded design with ivory piping on the edges. It will sit at the back of the head, and falls down to about fingertip level.

The great thing is that I was told I needed my shoes and lingerie before the next fitting, and I've had quite a hassle trying to find the shoes I want. I popped into a shop that mum had been to, and found just the right pair! And then I decided to pop into a lingerie shop that had been recommended by the bridal place, and found just the right stuff! Amazing! So I was chuffed by the time I got home and just HAD to show Marc (who promptly claimed pre-wedding rights! hee hee) I felt really beautiful and FINALLY very excited about wearing it all - it's all finally coming together. I'm not nervous, just can't wait to see it all happen, and then go off on the holiday. The only thing that continues to stress me is money, as we are really struggling to come up with the holiday savings on top of everything else, but we're crossing our fingers and hoping like heck!!!
(I know on the day I'll be a nervous wreck and cry a lot, but for now I'm fine! lol )

Gotta go, thanks again for all your well wishes!
Lynne
Old 10-23-2001, 11:03 AM   #29  

Default Hi ya!

Hi TAZ, ROSE, Lynne:
hey girls!
how's you?? I hope GREAT!!!!!
Thank you for all the get wells!!! I surely needed them.
So today I found my new motivation!!!!!
I got back on my diet after being off for a couple days but I'm not going to feel guilty about it... I'll just jump right back on the bandwagon and get to burning MORE BUTTER!!!!!
Time to get back to the basics. I decided to stay with rowing, weights and denise for another few months I think I got too excited about doing more and jumped ahead of myself, so I hurt my back, but will take it back to basics til I'm stronger. I just have to give myself time to see results, I'm so impatient some days!!!!
Consistency is what is going to really help me trim down!!!!
I'm back and feeling much BETTER!!!!
This week I want to get back to 5 days a week of excercising!!!!
A new day and NEW WEEK!!!!

Lynne: Your dress sounds so gorgeous!!!! Fit for a princess!!!! I'm sure you look absolutely wonderful. I'm so happy everything is coming together for you!!!!!! woohoo!!! I'm so glad you had a breakthru with your self-esteem....that must be such an awesome feeling!!!!You stay strong girl!!!!!! I'm so proud of you!!!!

Rose: Hey girl, how's you???? Your Orbritrek sounds GREAT! I really should look into one of those. I'm so happy you got some time on it over weekend!!!!! I think even as little as 20 minutes three times a week is a great start, I can imagine how busy you are...whewww. I'm sure you burn a ton..running all over!!!! I'm so glad your getting your excercise in though, that's the important thing!!!! GOOD JOB rose, finding time!!!!

TAZ: So sorry to hear about your treadmill, AGH!!!! POOR THING, well hopefully you get it wednesday!!!! How is the walking going!!!! I think your doing great with your walking!!!!!! GOOD JOB!!!! My back is loads better...wheww now I can really burn some butter! Hope you have fun with your new toy!!!! looking forward on hearing about it!!!!!! BURN THAT BUTTER GIRL!!!!

Have a smashing evening/day gals.
STAY STRONG!!!!!!

Shasta
Old 10-23-2001, 02:01 PM   #30  

Hi everybody!

Well here I am. Managed to do a little exercise last night on the Orbitrek but just 10 minutes. I guess that's better then nothing right?

Shasta-You're just a ball of energy aren't you! You really get me fired up. I'm glad your back is better. Mine was stiff last night and I noticed it while I was doing dishes how tight it felt so I did some of my stretching exercises and it helped. Back pain sure does suck. I'm glad yours is better. Good job with the exercise.

Lynne-I so agree with your revealation! That's exactly how I feel. And that's the important thing How You Feel! Your dress sounds so beautiful. I wish I could see a picture of it. Hey maybe you can share your wedding pics with us, hint, hint! I can understand you being nervous. I would be too but what a wonderful day it will be!

Taz-How's it going? Well you should have your treadmill by tomorrow. I'm anxious for you to get it! I agree that you are doing great with your routine. Walking is such good exercise. I bet you're going to love your treadmill. Keep us posted!

Okay I need to get back to work. I'll check in with you all later. Keep moving!
Closed Thread