Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 12-30-2006, 02:29 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 215/186.5/130

Height: 5'3

Default Getting Sick :(

Hi everyone, I just started to work out ppretty intense and im very lazy, watched TV all day!! And after I work out I feel nauseated and like throwing up, Ive also been drinking alot of water. Is this okay and my body just doesnt know whats going on, or is this not normal at all???
staciec878 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 09:30 AM   #2  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

You can get sick drinking too much water. How much is "alot of water"?
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 12:02 PM   #3  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

how intense is pretty intense? Have you eaten before your workout?

Nausea is a common bodily reaction to either too high intensity or too low blood sugar
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 12:06 PM   #4  
Ilene the Bean

Stacie -- My first thought when I read your post was that you may not be eating enough to allow for very intense workouts... For intense workouts you need to be fueled properly with good carbs and low fat proteins.... Eating a bit before and after your workout is important. Also, when you first start working out, sometimes but not all the time, depending on your level of fitness, until you are in better shape you will be tired for a while after your workouts. Once you get used to working out you will feel rejuvinated afterwards I promise ... Take care and keep us posted on your progress...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 12:52 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

I have seen on tv shows that when they take unfit people and put them with a trainer the first time, there is quite often some nausea and vomiting that results. Some of that may be for the drama, but I imagine it is quite real as the bodies adjust to exercise. The trainers always say it is the body ridding itself of toxins, most likely consumed days prior to the exercise. Might need to take it a little slower until that stops happening and make sure your diet is good too.
sportmom is offline   Reply With Quote