Exercise Equipment Does it work? Share your experiences with exercise equipment here.

Old 08-03-2014, 06:18 PM   #1  
Never Give Up!!

S/C/G: 235/226.6/150

Height: 5'8"

Talking Treadmill in Incline Mode

WOO HOO!! I have finally found my favorite mode of treadmill walking. Boost that incline and just walk a normal walk. Been playing with different walking speeds, walking/running combos and speed walking on a slight incline. What I have found is that I gain a higher burn rate and put less stress on my feet and knees by inclining my machine to a 7 or above and walk at a regular pace (slow and steady) for at least 30 mins. I love my treadmill workout!!
fool4fotos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 09:36 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 143/120/120

Height: 5'6"

I walk with a 20% incline as fast as possible and do I sweat! I wish I can afford the incline treadmills though. They are really good but very expensive so not worth it for me.

I'd rather scramble up rocks (40% incline equivalent) in the bush land. Oh boy, those rocks are killers and work wonders for arms!
magical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 12:04 PM   #3  
Never Give Up!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by magical View Post
I walk with a 20% incline as fast as possible and do I sweat! I wish I can afford the incline treadmills though. They are really good but very expensive so not worth it for me.

I'd rather scramble up rocks (40% incline equivalent) in the bush land. Oh boy, those rocks are killers and work wonders for arms!
I completely agree that outdoors exercise beats all other types!! That is when I find I will dig deeper than I thought I could and take myself to the next level !! That's one of the biggest downsides to my daily routine. Our location is less than desirable, but it is what it is, and for now I just have to be creative in what I do at home. Makes looking forward to the weekend and getting out even more sweet.

I got lucky and my boyfriend is very mechanical and found me a great treadmill (Nordictrack C1500) on Craigslist for free because it didn't work anymore. What it needed was a new circuit panel ($200.00 US) and now works beautifully. Original price on the machine was about $1,200.00 US. He replaced the belt too : )
Old 08-04-2014, 04:29 PM   #4  

Nice one, wow!! Wish my DH was as mechanical

Have you seen this one?
http://www.nordictrack.com/fitness/e...ncline-trainer

This is the incline treadmill I was referring to. It has a maximum 40% incline and I think -5% decline, which is brilliant but at $3k...
Old 08-06-2014, 10:53 AM   #5  
Never Give Up!!

Yes, I have completely lucked out in that department. He is amazing! Now I see why the industry is so lucrative. I'm seeing results with my older model regular treadmill with the ability to incline, so for the moment I'm quite content. Just beginning the losing process again and seeing results has brought my spirits up. Chatting with you has brought daily motivation and for that I thank you. It has been very nice to meet you. Take care
Old 08-06-2014, 10:55 AM   #6  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

That's one of my favorite ways to train for hiking! Actually, okay, not my favorite as I find it boring...but it's the most effective.

You'll get the most bang for your buck if you don't hold onto the treadmill while on an incline. When you hold on, you don't strengthen your core muscles at all. So if you're doing that, let go! You'll notice the difference immediately!
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 10:59 AM   #7  
Never Give Up!!

That's funny you mentioned that. The first few times I HAD to hang on. My balance was not good and I was literally bouncing from one side to the other. Within the last week I have been able to let go and yesterday I was wishing I had some small hand weights. Next on the list!!
Old 08-17-2014, 01:00 PM   #8  
Never Give Up!!

Default Still my favorite

We have had nothing but rain the last two days solid. I am loving my treadmill incline more than ever!! The slow, steady movements. The increased heart rate factor. The sweating. And I'm still losing. I'm convinced more than ever once the weather changes for good and I'm stuck inside for most the winter, the weight loss will continue. Super stoked!! Going to get some small hand weights today to add to the arm motions while I'm walking. Feeling the need
Old 08-17-2014, 05:10 PM   #9  

Hey glad to see that you're still going strong.

I've added another routine to my workouts. I've recently taken on a "project" (part of work) which is on the 10th floor of my office building. I'm now running up the stairs to the 10th floor twice a day. Hoping to do more if I have the time!
Old 08-17-2014, 05:27 PM   #10  
Never Give Up!!

Thanks magical....just got back w my new weights to add to the routine. Been having problems w my left shoulder, so hoping this will help strengthen those muscles around it and just add additional burn in calories in general.

Ten floors!!! That's amazing!! The last job I had put me on the 7th floor and I would do the stairs on lunch. That was a workout!! Plus I had a coworker who would do them w me. I think a workout partner makes it more fun.

Keep up the great work!! So good to hear from you
Old 08-17-2014, 10:06 PM   #11  

You too! I like the idea of weights. Do post your progress here. We'll have to motivate each other!
Old 08-18-2014, 09:57 AM   #12  
Never Give Up!!

I love that idea and will do!! Yesterday I was a bit naughty and had some crab salad w mayo, but still down .2 from yesterday when I thought for sure I would be up a few, but needed the crab seafood fix lol. Will be more on track w my eating today.

My weights are 5 lb ea, but added the extra burn I was looking for. I think my next request will be a sit up board. Will ask the boyfriend to fix me up soon. How was your day?
Old 08-20-2014, 09:13 AM   #13  
Never Give Up!!

Weights still adding the extra I was looking for, down another .6 as of yesterday
Old 08-20-2014, 09:21 AM   #14  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

What is a sit-up board?

So happy to see you're making such good progress!
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 09:38 AM   #15  
Never Give Up!!

Just an incline plank of wood w a "T" at the top to lock your feet. Puts you in a feet higher than head position.

Thank you so much for commenting on my progress. I can feel it, now just waiting on the magic number where others can tell too