Exercise Equipment Does it work? Share your experiences with exercise equipment here.

Old 01-18-2014, 09:10 AM   #1  
Voluptuous Vixen

S/C/G: 247/239.8/150

Height: 5' 5.5"

Default Advice on treadmills? Looking at a Lifespan...

My husband and I are in the market for a treadmill but not the $3,000 kind! I know there are tons on craigslist but we are looking at new models, too.

Does anyone have a LifeSpan TR 1200i Folding Treadmill? If so, do you like it? Any other "relatively" inexpensive treadmill suggestions?

Thanks!
saltyphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 09:20 AM   #2  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

I have a Pacemaster Proselect -- an older model. It is fantastic, so if you run across one of those on Craigslist I can highly recommend it.
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 11:27 AM   #3  
diamondgeog

We happened upon a Nordic Track C700 at Sears. It is $840 this weekend with free delivery. We went home and looked at reviews. It gets generally positive reviews. Especially on cushioning.

It also has iFit. Which I thought would just be a gimmick but it looks REALLY cool. You can put in basically anywhere on the globe and iFit will mimic that elevation change. It will automatically track your runs and increase intensity automatically.

It isn't a $3000 treadmill but seems an excellent sub $1000 choice. We decided and going to buy it today. My back problems on pavement and the Texas summer heat were our deciding factors.