3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Exercise Equipment (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise-equipment-213/)
-   -   What Pedometer do you use? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise-equipment/266465-what-pedometer-do-you-use.html)

Everlasting 09-18-2012 10:20 AM

What Pedometer do you use?

Someone give me some advice on a pedometer to track my walking? I have an old one that I liked but everything is worn off of it and it doesn't work anymore... I have no idea what it actually was. I bought a new one for about $20 but it doesn't pick up movements very well... I walked in place for 10 minutes and it only recorded 200 some steps when it should have been closer to 1000 by that point. What brand do you use? What did it cost? Give a link if you have one, I think I'll order one online.

Nyght 09-19-2012 09:53 PM

Hello Everlasting! I use the FitBit and I love it. I find it is very accurate and the online functions are great.

kelly315 09-20-2012 08:24 AM

Bodybugg! Only $99 and the first six months have no subscription cost- and it works awesomely :)

sweetdarbygirl 09-30-2012 09:39 PM

Fitbit. It is small and works great.

Suzanne 3FC 10-01-2012 01:23 AM

Omron HJ-112 It costs $22 (at this moment) and is extremely accurate. There are almost 4,000 reviews on amazon rating it 4 1/2 stars. I've tried fancier pedometers (bodybugg, etc) but always come back to this one.

Coffeelover64 10-01-2012 07:35 AM

Yamax Digiwalker. Love it!

Lakilaulea 10-10-2012 10:03 AM

I am a gadget nut, so I'm instantly drawn to anything digital for every aspect of my life. For my fitness, I've been using the Motorola Motoactv, which I bought earlier this year and I LOVE IT. It can be used as pedometer, but it does a lot more. It has GPS, either 8g or 16g of storage, wifi, and bluetooth and can sync with your phone. I use mine everyday; it has a list of exercises to choose from and tracks miles, calories, steps, and even what music you workout hardest too and creates a playlist of your "power songs." FYI, apparently my power song is Janet Jackson's Rhythm Nation LOL. If you do anything outdoors, it even charts it on a map so you can look at where you've been when you're done. Everything syncs online and to my phone and I like to track how many calories I burn each day. It's kinda overkill as far as specs go, and it's geared more toward more active people, but I really think it's motivated me to get up and move more. When I check my phone each day, I can see I've burned X amount of calories and it makes me wanna do more the next day. There's also an option to race against yourself and social challenges online, but I haven't done any of that yet 'cause I don't wanna put myself out like that just yet.

Everlasting 02-25-2014 09:09 AM

Lol... I don't even remember asking this question but I signed on to 3FC after a long time again today and was about to ask again, and decided to do the search function first. Thanks, Suzanne, I am going to check out the Omeron. I love gadgets too but some of the others are way out of my price range and that actually looks very similar to the one I had success with a few years ago... maybe it is the same one!

nelie 02-25-2014 09:55 AM

I have a fitbit force.

Sum38 02-25-2014 11:31 AM

First I had Omron HJ-112; it is 99.98% accurate. Now I have the fitbit, and I find it quite accurate as well (sometimes it gives me extra steps when I drive on a bumpy Michigan roads :dizzy:).

ValerieAnne 05-10-2014 11:37 PM

I currently use a Fitbit Zip. I just upgraded from the Fitbit Ultra, but I may go back to it because the Zip I purchased has hardware issues and I didn't save the receipt. I really like the trackers themselves though. They are discrete and have displays where you can view your stats throughout the day if you want. The Ultra has blue led output, which is bright and easy to read. They both do what they should though. :)

nibog 05-11-2014 09:12 AM

My husband and I, my cousin and her fiance, and three of my co-workers all have the Fit Bit Flex (two coworkers also have the Fit Bit Force)

Can't go wrong with Fit Bit :)

wendyland 05-12-2014 07:21 PM

I have a striiv. I love it. It's great if you like games. Playing the game and getting challenges pushes me to get more steps than if I wore a regular pedometer. My friend tried to get me to buy a fitbit, but I didn't see how it was that much better than a basic omron.

EagleRiverDee 05-12-2014 07:53 PM

I have a Fitbit Force. I've been using it's since November and it's really made a difference for me because I can see each day how many steps I'm getting in, how well I'm sleeping, how much water I'm drinking. It's helped me forge some new healthier habits.

Koshka 05-13-2014 11:20 PM

For those of you with a Fitbit Force, be aware that it has been recalled. I returned mine for a refund.

I'm using a Fitbit One right now.

EagleRiverDee 05-14-2014 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Koshka (Post 5003598)
For those of you with a Fitbit Force, be aware that it has been recalled. I returned mine for a refund.

I'm using a Fitbit One right now.

Fitbit did a fantastic job of notifying, I'll give them credit. I got an email from them. I have opted to keep mine because I am experiencing no problems with it at all. After wearing it on my wrist every day for the past 6 months, I'm kind of used to it and would miss it if I went to a One. The Flex doesn't have the same features, so I wouldn't want to go that way.

mygirlvj 05-14-2014 10:59 PM

Just got a FitBit Flex today and so far I am loving it!!!

Kscott 05-19-2014 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mygirlvj (Post 5004181)

Yes, I have got a Jawbone Up, very similar to Fitbit and just love it. I like how they both sync with myfitnesspal, which is a great calorie counter with an enormous food database, making it so easy to keep track of your calories, goals and the steps, workouts during the day.

Since I uploaded myfitnesspal to my android and have been wearing my Jawbone, the scale has been going in the lose direction, when I was stuck on a weight loss plateau for months, and it's simply because I am totally aware of what I am doing now.

Kscott 05-19-2014 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mygirlvj (Post 5004181)

Yes, I have got a Jawbone Up, very similar to Fitbit and just love it. I like how they both sync with myfitnesspal, which is a great calorie counter with an enormous food database, making it so easy to keep track of your calories, goals and the steps, workouts during the day, etc.

Since I uploaded myfitnesspal to my android and have been wearing my Jawbone, the scale has been going in the right direction, when I was stuck on a weight loss plateau for months, and it's simply because I am totally aware of what I am doing now.

Atalanta83 05-19-2014 12:45 AM

I bought a fitbit flex last week and I am LOVING it so far. I am using it with the app and myfitnesspal.

Being able to quantify what I am eating vs what I am doing vs what I am losing in real time has helped immensely in the few days I have used it so far.

Terra1984 05-19-2014 11:33 AM

Mine is a Pedusa PE-771 Tri-Axis, It works really well and it only cost me $12.00 dollars

NaughtyNibbler 07-03-2014 10:29 AM

I'm using a Nike Fuel bracelet. Not necessarily accurate (have to consider arm movement). I think anything that give you a reading of some kind gives you motivation.

srmb60 07-20-2015 12:54 PM

I have fitbit flex and love it! I'd really like some buddies. PM your email if you'd like. My goal is 12,500 per day.

Vickie Chickie 07-20-2015 02:05 PM

I've been wearing a Fitbit One. I found a "aftermarket" silicone band to use when I want to wear it on my wrist. Otherwise, I wear it clipped to my bra. Sometimes having something on my wrist really bugs me.

For Fitbit purchasers - Bed Bath and Beyond carries these and they DO honor the 20% off coupon on them. Using the coupon got me the best price I could find on the item ANYWHERE.

My hubby wears a Jawbone. He started with it years ago and really likes it. I think once you get used to an interface, that's what you end up sticking with. At least it's been that way for us.