Exercise Equipment Does it work? Share your experiences with exercise equipment here.

Old 02-27-2010, 03:58 PM   #16  
GoWear Fit All-Star

S/C/G: 280/266.8/150

Height: 5'6"

I use the EA Active game much more than the wii fit. Feels like more of a workout, plus I can make my own routines. I really like the volleyball, the dancing, the boxing, and the roller blading.
mulder1921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 05:34 PM   #17  
Be happy.

Jez, I love the plus.
You can set up your own routine (strength, yoga or a mixture) and then go through your routine without pausing. I really love the Basic Run Plus, too. I like the regular runs, but with the plus there are little quizzes at the end, about things you saw on the screen during the run. Geeky I know, but it mixes things up and makes the run more fun/interesting.

The other feature I really like is that I can set a calories burned goal too. I like shooting for that rather than for a certain length of time because some of the games and activities don't burn as many calories and I could easily get lazy without noticing it.
Heidi58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 10:05 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 263/263/140

Height: 5'4" Age: 41

I like to do a little of each on the Wii Fit Plus, but I got Gold's Gym Cardio Workout that I like more because of the boxing - and I like to box, lol. I got the Just Dance too which is fun to dance to.
JellyBean32882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 10:02 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 210/209/174

Height: 5ft 10

I found Wii Fit plus very useful during winter weather when I lost my motivation to go out walking every day. As I had no desire to join a gym and classes are thin on the ground around here, it stopped me from becoming completely sedentary again, and the yoga exercises had a visible effect on my posture when done regularly.

I have started to get bored with Wii Fit so bought Just Dance and My Fitness Coach. I didn't like My Fitness Coach at all initially, it looked and sounded like a game that was made on the cheap. I did two workouts then left it in its packet, but returned to it more recently to give it another try and now I have stuck with it. It's not fun, but it gets my heart rate up and I'm really noticing the difference the next day. I also like the fact that the workout varies from day to day and that I can use weights, since I had some hanging around the house. So I'll carry on with MFC for a while and then move onto one of the other fitness games.
lora m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 04:09 PM   #20  

I may need to go get the plus, then. On the original Fit, I like the step "aerobics". You get a bit more of a workout then you think you would.

I think Wii Fit now has somekind of Online community that connected directly through the Wii. I'll have to double check that, because I'm not entirely sure. I just kind of clicked through the message.

I also think I just found the perfect exercise. 15 minutes of trying to teach my 1.5 year old Rat Terrier to walk on a leash. I got him a few months ago from someone that did not training with him. It's been an experience.
LadyJez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 06:07 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 200/162/147

Height: 5ft5

have the wii fit and love it, much prefer the EA active tho, i find by doing some of the exercises in the wii fit plus it works as a warm up then get down to the ea active custom plan i've set up, mainly the boxing, dancing and step
fionac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 10:53 PM   #22  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

We just got wii fit plus and are enjoying it as a family. While I wouldn't call it EFFICIENT (1 hr for 250 cal burned?! I can nail 300 in 30 min with a DVD) I do think it is fun.

I'm still not done exploring all of it though -- child has us going through the little games rather than the yoga poses or strength moves.

A.

Last edited by astrophe; 04-17-2010 at 10:54 PM.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 03:02 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 195/ticker/120

Height: 5'2

I love my wii fit plus, I feel like it's the most accurate way to weigh myself.
Katieee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 09:31 PM   #24  
Shifty Werewolf

S/C/G: 285/209/165

Height: 5'5"

There's a May Wii Challenge up in the "Chicks up for a challenge" forum. Thought I'd mention it here in case anyone needs to get motivated to use their Wii a bit more.
Vladadog is offline   Reply With Quote