Exercise Equipment Does it work? Share your experiences with exercise equipment here.

Old 03-10-2009, 02:39 AM   #121  

S/C/G: 250/213/150

Height: 5ft 5 in

Hey girls! I just started this website and read the subject I know I am a little late but I thought I would put in my two cents. I am currently walking on the treadmill myself. I am starting off slowly. I have been walking a mile everyday for a little over a week now. I plan on upping the miles every week. But I have to admit I can't wait until it's summer it's just more fun to walk with the dogs.

But quick question do you think doing this everyday is too much? I plan on going all the way up to 5-7 miles a day.
BlackRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 10:39 AM   #122  

Morning ladies::

Great job tea!! How is everyone? I didn't get to walk on the treadmill this weekend but I got plenty of walking in. I am getting back to the treadmill tonight. i can't wait for the weather to change so I can get outside again. Do any of you ladies walk outside in the spring and summer. I still use the treadmill in the summer when it is to hot outside.

Black Rose- Welcome!! I don't think walking everyday will hurt anything. My goal to get to at least 6 days a week.

Have a great day ladies.
Mercee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 11:38 PM   #123  

S/C/G: 307/lost 140+ lbs/125

Black Rose-- Nice to see you here! It's always nice to have another member join us on this treadmill thread!

I did my pilates for abs dvd today (tuesday).

I then did 45 minutes on the treadmill at 4.7 mph.

Now, on to watching The Biggest Loser! (*tonight, that is ).
teawithsunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 02:17 PM   #124  

S/C/G: 202/160/135

Height: 5 ft 6 in

Hey everyone! Well, took a break until yesterday evening, and did the stretch routine and ran 30 minutes with a few stretches in between. I felt the shins flare two times for a few seconds, but I made it through. I know I am technically supposed to totally rest until the pain completely resolves, but I just don't want to.

the main thing that is helping is that i'm not running every day anymore. Which, I have to say, I am soooo sad about. I am still, however, speed walking twice a week, although haven't done the Jillian video in about two weeks :-(

I am going on vacation for 3 weeks in May, so that will give a good 3 weeks rest for my shins and hopefully they will heal up.

How are my other shin splint gals doing?

Tea: You are doing soooo awesome!! You're making me feel guilty for not doing the bike in between running days lol.

Blackrose: Welcome!

~Choirgirl~
choirgirlhotel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 02:27 PM   #125  

S/C/G: HW 176/SW 163/CW ticker/GW 120

Height: 5'4"

i'm still having pain in the lower leg, though not sure if it's shin splints or other soreness related to the shin splints. i'm going to physical therapy 2x a week. so far so good, i guess. but i have only been to the gym twice this month!!
i want to sign up for this 10K that a few of my friends are doing, but i'm wondering if i'm just deluding myself. it's a month from today and i'm off the treadmill for at least another week or two.
sws19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 01:30 AM   #126  

cgh-- thanks!!

sws19-- I was surfin' the internet the other day and came across some online video clips of a bootcamp gym workout that Madonna's personal trainer taught for several weeks last year.

In the clip, I saw something very interesting on the treadmill-- You can still get a workout in by skipping or sashshay-ing (skipping sideways) to a lower speed than the usual mph you do for running or speed walking If you'd like, I can PM you guys the link if you remind me!!

I'm due for my TOM in the next couple of days, so I'm taking a lazy pass at the moment! But it might help the shin split problems you gals are having

--------------------------
Queen of Procrastination, Part II

It took me several hours before I dragged my big butt to the treadmill this wednesday evening, lol

* Did my pilates for the legs/buns dvd
* Did 1 hour 15 minutes at 4.7 mph

Finished for the day! Yahoo!! JK! *I'll be back again tmr for thursday's workout, lol*

Last edited by teawithsunshine; 03-12-2009 at 01:32 AM.
Old 03-12-2009, 08:31 AM   #127  
Crazy runner

S/C/G: 213/131/maintaining

Height: 5'4.5"

It's time I pick myself back up again and dust myself off. I haven't run since Sunday. Working long hours at work, and then a sick husband who tosses and turns all night (poor guy ) has kept me from getting any sleep. I am exhausted, to put it mildly!

I got a new workout DVD yesterday - it does 30 minutes of lower body strength exercises, and 30 minutes of upper body strength exercises. I just did the lower body yesterday...wooo... that's a tough one. Didn't make it through the entire workout! But my legs are nice and sore today, and I WILL get to the gym for some cardio, even if it's just for 20 minutes! I miss working out!
Fat Pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 11:25 AM   #128  

Morning ladies!!

I was to lazy(there is no other way to say it) to work out yesterday. I was exhausted. I did go to the DR. and found out that my blood is very low. I am on Iron for a year. I had 2 major surgeries in the last 21/2 years so she was not surprised. Other than that all is well and I am back on the treadmill tonight.

Fat pants- Let's get back to it. Have a great day all.
Mercee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 04:38 PM   #129  

S/C/G: HW 176/SW 163/CW ticker/GW 120

Height: 5'4"

ooooh man. so i just got back from physical therapy again and man was my therapist horrified when i told him i did 60 mins on the elliptical last night. he said that if i want to use the elliptical, i need to put it on 0 incline and 0 resistance for 10 minutes and then get off. that's it. and only do it every other day (that part is no problem). and if after two sessions (four days) there is still absolutely no pain or discomfort whatsoever at any point during the day then i can increase by 50% to 15 minutes. and so on. but gawsh! i kinda feel like 10 minutes at 0 incline 0 resistance?? is there even a point? i may as well just stay on the couch playing with my resistance bands. sigh.
sws19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 01:57 AM   #130  

* Did my pilates abs dvd.
* Did 45 minutes at 4.7 mph

~ tea

Great job everyone!! Keep it up!
Old 03-13-2009, 08:58 AM   #131  
Crazy runner

S/C/G: 213/131/maintaining

Height: 5'4.5"

Good morning!

Yesterday I managed 20 minutes run/walk on the treadmill, and 30 minutes of my upper body strength DVD (I finished the workout! Yay!)

Today I think I am just going to hop on the treadmill and see how far I can run before stopping. Then tonight it will be lower body strength training.

Hope everyone has a good weekend!
Fat Pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 12:55 AM   #132  

* Did my legs/buns pilates dvd
* Did 60 minutes at 4.7 mph

I decided I'm going to just keep it at 4.7 mph next week, regardless of how easy it may become to me. I've been feeling my leg muscles for the past few days and while I don't feel exactly sore or anything, I'm gonna keep next week's sessions to just 50 minutes for each day and at 4.7 mph. Then if I feel more certain that I'm not overdoing it, I'll vary my exercise time and speed the following week again
Old 03-14-2009, 10:43 AM   #133  

S/C/G: 250/213/150

Height: 5ft 5 in

Ty for the welcomes. I love walking outside I can't wait until the weather gets better. Not to mention I think it's a lot more fun when you have a furry companion or two along with you. My dogs are loving me whenever it's nice out. I can't even get my shoes on without them jumping lol. I am taking a day off, it's my birthday just feel like rewarding myself with a day off.
BlackRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 02:04 PM   #134  

S/C/G: 202/160/135

Height: 5 ft 6 in

I've really lost my momentum and I'm sad. I feel like I've lost absolutely no weight, I feel sad and discouraged that I cannot run so much anymore, and basically it hurts to do anything. Even standing hurts.

I know I'll eventually get back up, but right now it really sucks to be down :-(

~Choirgirl~
choirgirlhotel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 12:49 AM   #135  

Mercee-- I also struggled with iron deficient anemia for quite awhile, so I understand completely how exhausted you can feel sometimes

sws19-- Is there any kind of aerobic exercise you can do as you recuperate? Find one you enjoy that can help you keep losing/or maintaining your current weight until you can get "back in the saddle" and run again

cgh-- Same advice I just gave to sws19 It sucks, I know. But keep doing everything else you can do as you recover (i.e. eating right, etc). Maybe you could do some weights for the upper body (or if you already have incorporated a weight-lifting program, focus on that?). Hang in there!!

-----------------------------------
Saturday's exercise session:

* Did my pilates ab dvd
* Did 45 minutes at 4.7 mph

I felt quite energetic after my exercise session today! Lately, I've been feeling a bit tired due to the start of my TOM today and increasing the speed/length of time of my walking sessions over the past several weeks. But hey, I'll enjoy it (Saturday) tonight!

I'm free from the treadmill/exercise until Monday! Have a great weekend everybody!