Exercise Equipment Does it work? Share your experiences with exercise equipment here.

Old 12-28-2007, 10:47 AM   #1  
Agent 99- Black Team!

S/C/G: 200/see ticker/160

Height: 5'4"

Default Treadmill help?

Hi all!

Can anyone recommend a good quality, yet wallet friendly treadmill? I would prefer to buy one brand new, but if I can't find one, I guess that I could try craigslist or something like that.
GetSmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 11:09 AM   #2  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

Hi GetSmart! It really depends on what your budget IS, I'm afraid. A very good rule of thumb is to avoid the treadmills in the under $1000 price range (new) - they rarely stand up to a lot of use.

This is, unfortunately, the time of year when manufacturers HOPE you'll be buying (ahhh, those New Year's Resolutions! ) so you won't be looking at bargains right now. If you do your research on the models that people might be selling on, though, you might get lucky second-hand. Remember that it is an investment though, so not having a warranty might be a deal-breaker for you - it depends on what features are important to YOU.

I bought mine from Smooth Fitness and I ADORE it. Yes, it cost us quite a bit, but we got it on sale 40% off, and it has an amazing warranty and loads of features. I certainly looked at many that were twice the price with a lesser warranty and lesser features.

There are lots out there to choose from - do a Google search for 'best treadmills' and you'll call up reviews That's a good starting point.

To state the obvious - if it seems to good to be true (especially second-hand) it almost certainly is. Good luck!

Heather
HeatherAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 11:15 AM   #3  

Height: 5'6"

KMart has them on sale right now. My mom got one and loves it. Uses it everyday.
remtana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 10:00 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 175 / 140 / 125

Height: 5'2"

I bought mine from Sears about 5 years ago. At that time we paid about $600. It's a ProForm 535X. The incline and speed adjust with a push of the button. It monitors my heartrate. It has 4 built in programs, but can be plugged into your tv or computer to run "ifit" cd's and online programs. It also has shocks, very important for my 43 y/o knees. I'm not sure if you think $600 is too much, but I can say, for me, it was money well spent. If I had to stop to adjust incline or speed I would have given it up a long time ago. Instead it gets used at least every other day and has logged ALOT of miles with NO repairs or adjustments in the past 5 years.
Good luck!
lovnmom is offline   Reply With Quote