The Dyna Gym

• My daughter-in-law has a machine her sister bought back in the '70's. It's quite similar in design to the Total Gym of today. She doesn't have the manual or any
    paperwork that originally came with it and I can't find anything about it on the web. If anyone out there can help please post a reply.
    Thanks
  • I would be cautious about using 30 year old equipment. Aside from the fact that we know far more about the physiology of exercise, I would worry about parts gone bad over that amount of time.

http://www.home-gym-review.com/The-D...y-Home-Gym.htm
    http://www.home-gym-information.com/...nt/Dynagym.htm
  • grannyliz
    I am new to this site, i was searching for info on the web for Dyna Gym and this post came up. I know the machine you are talking about, i have one. I was trying to find replacement parts to get it running again. I have the paper work booklet and everything. I have always believed it was the original machine. A sales rep went from door to door selling this in the 70's. It had a small 3 rung ladder instead of the post. The glide board was green. if you want more info let me know. Mine does not glide smoothly - I think the rollers need replaced. As for the age of it, I would say that if taken care of it would be just as good if not better than the total gym of today.
  • Dyna Gym
    I have the old Dyna Gym and really like it expecially the leg pulls and it really kept me in shape.
    Well, I decided to buy a new Total Gym and it is good but the leg attatchment is for the birds.
    Instead of the bar it has a different kind to put your feet kind of into and under and we find that very uncomfortable.
    It hurts .
    I emailed Total Gym and lets see what they say .
    Bunique
  • jimbo
    Looking for new wheels as well for the glider bench,,any ideas??
  • Dyna Gym Manual
    Quote: I am new to this site, i was searching for info on the web for Dyna Gym and this post came up. I know the machine you are talking about, i have one. I was trying to find replacement parts to get it running again. I have the paper work booklet and everything. I have always believed it was the original machine. A sales rep went from door to door selling this in the 70's. It had a small 3 rung ladder instead of the post. The glide board was green. if you want more info let me know. Mine does not glide smoothly - I think the rollers need replaced. As for the age of it, I would say that if taken care of it would be just as good if not better than the total gym of today.
    I would like to have a copy of the manual. Thank you.