Exercise Equipment Does it work? Share your experiences with exercise equipment here.

Old 01-15-2007, 01:54 PM   #1  

Default Urban Rebounder

I own this myself. I have used it about 5 times. My cardivascular endurance sucks so until I work on that and lose a little more weight my Urban Rebounder will stay in the closet. The workouts are only 15-20 minutes but 5 minutes in I was dripping sweat and ready to die. This is with using the bar. So if you want a quick effective workout this is it. Assembly is easy. It's not noisy. I live in a 4th floor apt.
72butterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 04:19 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 126/114/115

Height: 5'3"

I have the Urban Rebounder DVDs. The mini trampoline is a great workout. I use a heart rate monitor and set my workout to my favorite songs. Every other song I slow down a bit. I do cardio bursts or spurts of higher intensity.
MicheleKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 12:19 PM   #3  
prepare for the BEST time

i don't like the urban rebounder DVDs that came with the rebounder, I've had mine almost 2 years....still like it. (and I have to keep the bar on too, i need the crutch, i'm a clutz).

I do interval training with the dance music channel from my cable, I vary my HR up and down doing weight sets in between with, push-ups bench and dumbbells. Since Jan. 2, I've lost 1.5" on my waist and .5 on each thigh. at first I could only manage 10 mins. (its been 8 mos. since i regularly worked out), but now I'm aiming for 30 mins each morning. my endurance is greatly improved very quickly.
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 11:05 PM   #4  
Drop & gimme another 20

S/C/G: 180/160/135

Height: 5'7"

The Urban Rebounder is great. I've had mine for 2 years; I use mine w/out the stabilising bar and also use my trusty HEART RATE MONITOR. Marbleflys has a great idea: bouncing to the beat of a dance music channel on your cable TV service if you have it. I add in some moves from other cardio workout dvds. Our cable also has Jake ("Body by Jake") Steinfeld's EXERCISE TV which has plenty of fresh workouts to help your jumping!
MsBootcamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 11:47 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

This is probably a REALLY stupid question, but I've read that it can snap when you're folding/unfolding it. I have a *very* curious cat who climbs all over things and I have a terrible mental picture of her jumping on it and it snapping closed with her in it! I've read reviews where people talk about how they were afraid of their children being hurt by it.

Rereading this, I know I sound like a nut! Oh well!

Is it sturdier than this?
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 11:33 AM   #6  
Drop & gimme another 20

S/C/G: 180/160/135

Height: 5'7"

Hi everybody! This is MsBootcamp, doing my "once every 7 years" check-in! (Joking!) REBOUNDING, or bouncing, on a mini-trampoline is always a great workout! It seems so "easy," and it feels incredible. And, YES, something that feels this much fun IS great for you, at the same time! Years later, I still have my mini-trampoline, which happens to be the Urban Rebounder brand (which I bought, new, in 2005). Do yourself and your family and friends a favour, and buy the BEST quality (technical quality - the parts) mini-trampoline you can afford to buy. You or your loved ones can get hurt on a cheap trampoline that has flimsy parts. But, most likely, you can even buy a sturdy quality mini-trampoline - lightly to moderately used - at a yard sale, or on Craigslist, for example! First, DO YOUR HOMEWORK on rebounder quality. I have two small grandchildren, and I have NEVER allowed them to bounce - or even be around - the rebounder alone. From Day 1, I explained Grandma's rules to them, and showed them how we would always "hold hands" while they were on the trampoline, and how we would not "bounce high," nor bounce out-of-control, and I showed them the hard (metal) parts of the trampoline that can do damage, and why we must bounce in the MIDDLE of the trampoline, and keep our balance. Never lost a grandchild yet; no injuries!! (Knock wood!) This Grandma is vigilant, sets the example for the kids, and requires that we bounce by the rules. All adds up to fun + fitness. I bounce almost every day! Have a ball!!
MsBootcamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 03:41 PM   #7  

I bought an urban rebounder about 2 and a half weeks ago. I jump nearly everyday. I love it. It is my favorite form of exercise. I mix it up somedays with Leslie Sansone's walks. I love it and highly recommend rebounding for the health benefits alone! Weight loss is a bonus.
kimbersly23 is offline   Reply With Quote