Exercise Equipment Does it work? Share your experiences with exercise equipment here.

Old 01-02-2007, 06:07 PM   #1  
it's always something

Default Ab Rollers

Do you have an ab roller type gadget? Does it work? Please share your reviews here. Let us know what brand and model you have
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 08:52 PM   #2  
I'm gettin there

S/C/G: 231/190/155

Height: 5 foot 7

Default Athletic Works Ab Roller With Pro Assist

I purchased this at Walmart and really like it. Its called Athletic Works Ab Roller With Pro Assist. Its only 20 dollars. Only thing I changed was the spring that comes with it I didn't put on because it wouldn't stay in place and threw me off. I sit it up against the wall and put my stability ball in it to save space.
metalgoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 04:14 PM   #3  

I had an ab roller I got at a rummage sale - paid $20 - it was practically new. It even had the tape with it that showed how to use it. I used it for a bit, abs got sore, I suppose it worked. But like anything that is basically a bunch of crunches, it was boring and I eventually gave it away - still practically new.
Lilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 10:20 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

I had one that I kept for a number of years. I suppose it kept my neck from getting tired. I got one bc it was always advertised on the old ESPN workout shoes from the 90's (Bodyshaping, anyone?!) I now do ab work on my own, and, tho my neck does get tight, I do think I get more of my own lift and thus a better workout doing my own unassisted ab lifts.
sportmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 06:22 PM   #5  

i got my ab roller(toner) at a garage sale. It was an exchange for a service. Altought it is rather old fashioned, it works, it does the job of targeting the abs. Toghether with my other old fashioned bike exercise, im pretty much covered, as both machines keep me rather fit all year around...nice day

Last edited by DiSte Robe; 08-25-2010 at 06:39 PM.
DiSte Robe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 11:09 PM   #6  
Losing the baby weight

S/C/G: 224/183/140

Height: 5"4

I bought one of these for my mom because she loves to exercise (Too bad I didn't learn the same joy earlier!)

I don't know if she's actually used it though, she's hardcore with her elliptical and kickboxing classes. I even bought her free weights that I used more than she did when I lived at home.

I'm seeing her tomorrow so I'll ask and post back
StephanieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 05:55 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 206/141/139

Height: 5'9

I have had mine for 12 + years now. I used it once before becoming pregnant with my son and it really helped me tone my stomach. Then I did not use it for years and am now using it again almost daily. I don't notice as much of a change with my stomach as I did before but then again I have more of a fat layer then I did 12 years ago. I do know that the more effort I put into it the more exhausted I can make my stomach feel. I think it is worth it and if this one ever breaks ( which it is starting to) I will get another one.
lauralyn is offline   Reply With Quote