Pizza Pita - Microwave
PIZZA PITA - MICROWAVE
1 6½" whole-wheat pita (cut in half to make 2 pockets)
¼ c. of pizza sauce
½ c. shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
2 oz. turkey pepperoni or 2 slices of Canadian bacon
1 tbsp. measuring spoon
¼ c. measuring cup
spoon for scooping and spreading sauce
1 microwave-safe plate
1. Place each pita half (2 pockets) on a microwave-safe plate.
2. Spoon 2 tbsp. pizza sauce into each half and spread around with spoon.
3. Add slices of pepperoni or Canadian bacon.
4. Measure ¼ cup of cheese and sprinkle into 1 pocket. Repeat for other pocket.
5. Lay pocket flat on plate and place in microwave for about 30 seconds. Check to see if cheese is melted. If not, try another 15 seconds and recheck. You don’t want it to be too hot or it can burn your tongue.
6. Remove and enjoy!
Makes: 2 servings
Serving size: 1 pocket (½ pita)
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
19 g protein
10 g fat
22 g carbohydrates
2 g fiber
52 mg cholesterol
1000 mg sodium (to reduce, use vegetables or lower-sodium meat as "topping")
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:30 AM.|