These are SO good. I was really skeptical but they turned out to be delicious! It's simple to make and super yummy! Dancing carrot approves:
• 1 1/2 cups diced carrots
• 2 cups crushed cornflakes
• 2 eggs, beaten
• 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
• 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 teaspoon sugar
• 1/8 teaspoon pepper
• 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
• Hamburger buns
1. Place carrots in a saucepan with a small amount of water. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until tender; drain. In a bowl, combine carrots, cornflakes, eggs, celery, onion, salt, sugar and pepper; mix well. Form into six patties. Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat; cook patties for 3 minutes on each side or until browned. Serve on buns if desired.
I don't follow that recipe exactly anymore, though. I usually just grate the carrots (you don't have to pre-cook them that way), use a mixture of breadcrumbs (bread heels are good) and whatever cereal bits I have on hand (I save the crumbs at the bottom of the cereal box for this recipe), omit the celery, and use dried onion flakes or onion powder instead of chopped onion. And for seasoning, I most often grab my Steak N' Shake seasoning or generic "french fry" seasoning. You can bake them in the oven (brushed with a little oil), fry them on the stove, or par-bake them a bit and then grill 'em.