3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Entrees (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/entrees-47/)
-   -   Steak Recipes (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/entrees/2077-steak-recipes.html)

Rkaramark 08-23-2000 09:19 PM

Steak and Onions

12 oz steak (London Broil works well)
1 large red onion, coursely chopped
1 large clove of garlic, diced
salt, pepper to taste
2 bay leaves torn in half
4 tablespoons olive oil

Cut meat into 1-2" squares. Heat skillet, add olive oil. Add meat and brown on medium for 2 minutes. Turn meat and reduce heat to medium-low. Add onion, garlic, salt, pepper and bay leaves. Cook for about 10 minutes until onions are translucent. Serve in a soup bowl with all the pan drippings (but take out the bay leaves). Serve with a huge salad.

Hope you enjoy!!!
Phyliss

Rkaramark 08-23-2000 09:24 PM

This isn't so much of a steak recipe but a recommendation on a marinade. We have been using Allegro to marinate our steaks in before grilling or broiling. This is really full of flavor and you can take a really cheap cut of steak, marinate it for the day and it tastes wonderful. They also have different types of flavors to include smokey, hot and regular.

Rkaramark 08-23-2000 09:43 PM

This looked real interesting as an appetizer

Hot Beef Tips

1-1/2 lbs of beef flank steak
1/2 cup salsa Picante
12 whole jalapeno peppers, halved lengthwise and seeded
1/4 cup herbed cream cheese

Slice steak across grain in 1/4 inch thick strips, 4" long. Marinate beef strips in Picante for one hour. Fill each jalapeno half with 1/2 teaspoon cream cheese. Wrap filled jalapenos with one steak strip, covering cream cheese as you wrap. Fasten steak ends with toothpic. Grill or broil 4 inches from heat for 4 minutes turning after 2 minutes. Do not overcook. Serves 24 with 1 carb gram per serving

Rkaramark 08-23-2000 09:57 PM

We love curry in our house. You can use this with chicken too.

Beef Curry

1-1/2 lbs sirloin or tenderloin steak cut into 1 inch cubes
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 onion, cut into thin slices
3 cloves garlic, minced
2-1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 tsp dried red pepper flakes
1/8 tsp tumeric
1/2 tsp salt
2 tablespoons water
3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
*optional for added heat - 5 diced pickled jalapenos

In a large frying pan, heat the oil over moderate heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook, stirring for 1 minute. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the coriander, cumin, red-pepper flakes, turmeric, salt, and water. Add the paste to the onion and cook, stirring for 1 minute. Add the meat to the pan and cook, stirring for 3 minutes. Raise the heat to moderately high and cook to your taste, stirring, about 2 minutes longer for medium rare. Stir in cilantro and jalapenos, serve.

Sooner or Later 08-24-2000 03:44 AM

Garlic Beef

8 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 c. soy sauce
2 T. sesame oil
2 T. cider vinegar
2 T. sugar
1/2 t. black pepper
1 T. vegetable oil
1# flank steak, thinly sliced
1# fresh green beans, trimmed
1 med. bell pepper, cut into thin strips

In a medium bowl, combine the garlic, soy sauce, sesame oil, vinegar, sugar, and black pepper; set aside. Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet or wok over high heat. Add the flank steak and stir-fry for 5 or 6 minutes, or until no pink remains, stirring frequently. Add the soy sauce mixture, green beans, and bell pepper. Stir-fry for 9 or 10 minutes, or until the green beans are crisp-tender and most of the liquid has evaporated, stirring frequently.

(I got this off the "Mr. Food" website); I think I would marinate the steak in the soy sauce mixture for a few minutes!

[This message has been edited by Sooner or Later (edited 08-23-2000).]

Rkaramark 08-25-2000 06:12 PM

Beef Stroganoff In the Crockpot

2-lbs Round Steak
1-1/2 cups beef broth
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon ketchup
1/8 teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons dry white wine
1/2 pound fresh mushrooms sliced
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 cup sour cream

Cut steak into 1/4 inch strips. Coat with salt and pepper. Drop into the bottom of a crockpot. Mix garlic Worcestershire sauce, broth and ketchup together. Pour over meat. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours. Turn to high. Add wine and mushrooms. Cook on high for 15 minutes. Stir in sour cream. Serve.

Ruthxxx 08-26-2000 07:22 PM

This is from a recipe published in the now defunct Ottawa Journal in 1960. I told you I was old!

Steak Thingies (Mignonettes)

1. Trim any fat and membrane from a flank steak.
2. Score ligtly on both sides.
3. Moisten with water
4. Sprinkle with meat tenderizer, chopped garlic (or garlic powder) and pepper.
5. Starting at the long edge, roll the steak into a cylinder.
6. Wrap strips of bacon around the cylinder
7. Tie each strip with butcher cord. (There will be sticking out bits of beef at each end - I trim them off and poke them inside the cylinder.
8. Cut between the bacon strips.
9. This is important! Either freeze the steaks or let them sit in the fridge for several hours to let the tenderizer work.
10. Barbecue or broil about 5 minutes a side. These can also be pan broiled in a heavy pan.

Note: Before cutting into steaks, I sometimes fry the cylinders a bit to get some of the fat out of the bacon. This prevents flare ups.

AdoAnnie 08-26-2000 07:49 PM

Swiss Steak

2-3 lbs round steak
2 tablespoons tomato paste
10 large mushrooms
3/4 cup chicken broth
2 tablespoons of onions chopped
Garlic powder, pepper and salt if you use it.

Slice your round steaks into strips. Lay these in a roasting pan. Mix the tomato paste
and chicken broth in a bowl with a whisk until blended. Pour this over the meat. Slice
mushrooms and sprinkle on top of steaks with onions. Top with seasonings such as
salt/pepper/onion powder etc.Cover and bake at 350 degrees for about an hour or until done.

[This message has been edited by AdoAnnie (edited 08-26-2000).]

peach pit 08-27-2000 02:14 AM

You chicks have just saved my life!!!!!

I love red meat but gosh, my recipe consists of salt and pepper and throw it in a frying pan!!!!!

Thank you! thank you! thank you!!!!

Taking this right to the printer!!!!

peach

LindaBC 09-18-2000 03:55 AM

Better late than never. :D
German Beef Rouladen

If your butcher has very thin slices of top round steak about 4"x6" these are the cuts to use. The slices must be extremely thin. I suppose you could cut your own from a thicker top round stead or pound it thin but it would be a hassle.
Anyhow....put your steak slices on a cookie sheet or cutting board and spread each slice with regular mustard, chopped uncooked bacon, finely chopped onion and finely chopped dill pickles. (alternatively you can cut dill pickles into lengthwise eights and rolle them up in rolls) Sprinkle each piece with salt and pepper and roll up from the narrow side. Secure ends with toothpicks. Traditionally you are supposed to dredge these rolls in seasoned flour but they are really just as delicious just sauted as is. Brown on all sides and then add some broth or water and wine and let simmer 35-40 minutes until fork tender. Thicken gravy with a little flour if desired. Wonderful served as a reward meal with mashed potatoes and German style red cabbage.