I'm a Texan, and sometimes you've just got to have it. The husband wanted chicken fried steak the other night, but I wanted it without the grease. Found a recipe online...
For a single 4 ounce round steak:
1) Combine 1/4 cup flour with 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs. Add any seasonings you desire.
2) In second bowl, combine 1-2 large egg whites with low/no fat milk. Whisk together.
3) Pound steak to thickness of 1/8 inch (approximate).
4) Spray baking pan with non-stick spray. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
5) Dip steak into dry mixture and shake off excess. Dip into wet mixture, then back into dry, covering entire steak.
6) Place on sprayed pan. Lightly spray top of steak(s) with non-stick spray. Bake 10 minutes. Turn over, spray side now on top with non-stick spray, and bake 11 minutes.
I cut my one steak into two pieces, so I could "go back for seconds." Well, my brother-in-law came for dinner and we didn't tell him that mine were baked and the others (for the husband) were fried. He accidentally picked up my second baked half, and couldn't tell a difference until I discovered the mistake and told him. So they're pretty good!