Juicy Turkey Rolls, stuffed with rice, and topped with a Sweet and Spicy cherry sauce.
4 Large turkey/chicken breast skinned and boned
1/2 pkg. Rice prepared according to package directions, divided in half
2 Tbs. chicken broth
1 cup cherry jam (with cherry chunks)
1 tsp. harissa (red pepper paste, or 1/4 tsp cayenne)
1/4 tsp. salt
Salt and Pepper
Veggie(s) of your choice, steamed (but still crisp)
Mallet or Hammer
1. Place each turkey cutlet between 2 pieces of plastic wrap; pound with flat side of mallet to .25-inch thick rectangles. Remove plastic wrap. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
2. Spread 1/2 - 1 cup rice on each cutlet to within half-inch from edges. Fold in long sides of cutlets and roll up jellyroll style. Secure with toothpicks and place in a baking pan. Add chicken broth to pan and cover tightly with a sheet of aluminum foil.
3. Place pan on grill and cook for 20 minutes. Remove cover and continue cooking for 5 to 10 minutes or until tested done.
4. Slice turkey rolls crosswise into 1/2 inch slices.
5. Topping- In a small sauce pan, mix cherry jam, harissa, and salt, with 2 Tbsp water. Heat on low about 2 to 3 minutes or until warm.
6. Serve rolls topped with sauce, along side steamed veggie(s) of your choice.