This is from the World's healthiest foods website (whfoods.org)
Prep and Cook Time: 30 minutes
* 1 medium onion cut in half and sliced thin
* 4 medium cloves garlic, chopped
* 1 tsp minced fresh ginger
* 1˝ cups sweet sweet potatoe or yam cut in ˝ inch cubes
* 1 cup green peppers, thin julienne
* 1 cup red peppers, thin julienne
* 1 tsp garam masala
* ˝ cup + 1 TBS vegetable broth
* 1 15 oz can black beans, drained
* *optional 2 oz Chevre goat cheese
* salt and black pepper to taste
* 4 whole wheat tortillas
* *(optional) prepared salsa
* 1 head of romaine lettuce, shredded (remove outer leaves and discard)
1. Prepare vegetables by chopping and slicing.
2. Heat 1 TBS broth in a 12 inch stainless steel skillet. Healthy Sauté onion, garlic, ginger, and peppers in broth over medium heat for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add garam masala, yams and mix well. Add 1/2 cup broth and cook covered on low heat for about 10 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
3. Add beans making sure they are drained well first and mix. Cook for another 5 minutes and season with salt and pepper.
4. While vegetables are cooking shred lettuce. You also might want to wrap tortillas in foil and place in the oven to warm while you are preparing the rest of the ingredients.
5. Place vegetable mixture in tortilla and top with some goat cheese. Roll and top with salsa and shredded lettuce.