Sweet Potato Ravioli with Lemon-Sage Brown Butter
1 (1-pound) sweet potato ---- I have a food scale and after cooking and peeling 2 medium equaled a pound
2 tablespoons grated fresh Parmesan cheese --- I did low-fat cheese from a canister
1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon --- I eyeballed this
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg --- I eyeballed this
24 wonton wrappers
1 large egg white, lightly beaten
6 quarts water
3 tablespoons butter --- I used I Can't Believe It's Not Butter from the tub
1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage --- I used the sage from my spice rack
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice --- I used lemon juice from a bottle
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2) Pierce potato several times with a fork; place on a foil-lined baking sheet. Bake at 400 degrees for 40 minutes or until tender. cool. Peel potato; mash. (I baked my potatoes the night before for one hour. I then put them in the refrigerator and peeled them today.) Combine potato, cheese, 1/4 teaspoon salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a small bowl.
3) Working with 1 wonton wrapper at a time (cover remaining wrappers with a damp towel to keep them from drying), spoon 1 tablespoon potato mixture into center of each wrapper. Brush edges of dough with egg white; bring 2 opposite corners to center. Press edges together to seal, forming a triangle. Repeat procedure with remaining wonton wrappers, potato filling, and egg white.
4) Bring 6 quarts water to a boil. Add 8 ravioli; cook 2 minutes or until done. (I assumed if it was floating it was done.) Remove ravioli from pan with a slotted spoon. Lightly coat cooked wontons with cooking spray; keep warm. Repeat procedure with remaining ravioli.
5) Melt butter in a small skillet over high heat. Add chopped sage to pan; cook 1 minute or until butter is lightly browned. Stir in remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, juice, and pepper. Drizzle butter mixture over ravioli. (I actually forgot the salt for the sauce and I didn't notice.)
Yield: 8 servings (serving size: 3 ravioli)
Calories 159 (17% from fat); Fat 5.1g (sat 3g, mono 1.3g, poly 0.4g); protein 4.1g; carb 24.3g; fiber 1.9g; chol 15mg; iron 1.3mg; sodium 356mg; calc 45mg
Not trying is more of a failure than trying and failing.