Chili Dog Casserole (fast recipe)
Just tried this tonight. It seems like just chili dogs would be faster, but it was BETTER cooked like this. I think I got the recipe off lowcarbfriends.com. I am listing it like I did it. Per my Living Cookbook software I get 6.16 net carbs per serving - 8 servings in recipe.
Chili Dog Casserole
2 lbs ground beef
1 pkg Williams Chili Seasoning for 2 lbs meat
8 oz can tomato sauce (look for no sugar added)
pkg of 8 hot dogs (I used Bryan Juicy Jumbos at 2 net carbs per dog - you might score some lower carb ones if you look harder than I did)
8 tbs sour cream (I use Daisy Pure and Natural - it's JUST sour cream)
2 cups shredded cheddar (look for real cheese - not cheese like substances)
1/2 cup fine chopped onions
1. Prehead oven to 350.
2. In large skillet, crumble and brown beef. Drain well. While cooking - cut hot dogs into bite sized chunks and get the onion chopped.
3. Add tomato sauce and chili seasoning to beef. Cook and stir long enough to get it mixed up good.
4. Pack meat into bottom of small square casserole or cake pan.
5. Layer dogs over beef. Thickly spread cheese over dogs.
6. Pop it in the hot oven for 10 mins or until cheese just starts to brown.
7. Serve - makes 8 - on top of each serving put 1 Tbs of onion and 1 Tbs of sour cream. If you scoop it out of pan carefully it should hold together.