Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2002, 11:34 AM   #16  
Inchworm

Default Sounds good!

I have never done bacon on it.
I did try Asparagus which turned out really good. I sprayed a little cooking spray on it first.
Old 04-07-2002, 08:59 AM   #17  

Default George Forman-Veggies

Hi Inchworm..

Well, I have roasted asparagus in the oven with a squirt of olive oil, but will have to try the GF grill.

I hesitate using the non-stick sprays on the non-stick surfaces since one of my pans was ruined and they claim it was from that??????

I will enjoy the asparagus. Thank you for the idea.

Oh, Fennel is another Zero point veggie great on the grill.

Have a nice Sunday.
Old 04-07-2002, 11:25 PM   #18  
Inchworm

Default I didn't know that!

Thanks for the info! I will be more careful!
another way to do asparagus is to put it in a baking dish with a couple pats of 'butter',cover with foil, and bake at 350 for 25 minutes, or cover with plastic wrap and microwave for 8 minutes.
ASPARAGUS is so good right now, we have been able to get it for 99 cents quite regulary! so am taking advantage of it!
Old 04-08-2002, 09:26 AM   #19  

Default GF Grill

I'll try anything on the grill. I had a small one, but just upgraded to the family size. This way we can do meat and veggies too.

I heard about not using the non -stick sprays on QVC... I had purchased a set of their pots and have been happy with all except the large frying pan that we do use non-stick spray on. Someone had called in and had the same complaint I have and that is what they told her. So I have to get my act together and return the pan. They have lifetime guarantees.

I am going to the Reading Terminal in Center City Philly today. This is my day off from work and they have wonderful fruits, veggies and fish and meat...So I'll see what I can find. Plus the weather is supposed to be nicer so why stay in the house???

Later, Arlene
Old 06-27-2002, 09:58 PM   #20  

Default I *LOVE* George!!!!

I use George all the time! Have the largest size. Here are some of my meals:

Grilled cheese for kids. (Or any sandwich)

chicken
marinade in balsamic vinegar or terriyaki sauce

Make quesadillas:
Use leftover chicken cut up, FF refried beans, salsa, shredded LF cheese, & whatever you like. Assemble quesadilla on top of tortilla. Place in grill & grill till you see grill marks.

Flounder or talapia fillets:
I was amazed by how good this tasted! I just spray grill with butter or lemon flavored cooking spray & put fish in top. Salt & pepper, close for a few minutes (until opaque).

Sea scallops:
Last night I grilled sea scallops (3 minutes!!) then sprayed with butter spray and grilled yellow squash & zucchini that I just cut into 1/2-inch rounds. Soooo good.

*Grilled Scallops*

Juice of 1 lemon
2 T olive oil
1 t minced garlic
1 t salt
1/2 t freshly ground black pepper
2 lbs scallops.

Just toss all ingredients together & grill (don't marinate).

1. Get grill hot.

2. Combine the lemon juice, oil, garlic, salt and pepper and toss with the scallops (do not marinate).

3. Skewer the scallops (use 2 sticks each skewer) or put them in a basket. Grill until brown, then turn and brown again. Total cooking time should be just about five minutes- stop cooking before the scallops' interior becomes opaque. Serve immediately.

--------------------------------

**** Any grilled chicken or seafood recipe can be used.

Steaks:
BUY McCormick Grill Mates "Montreal" seasoning!!!! It is soooooo good. Simply sprinkle on steaks and grill. Yum.

You will love it!

Susan
Old 08-07-2002, 06:58 PM   #21  

I have the large GF grill and use it more than any other appliance in my kitchen. I have one problem--the non-stick surface is coming off--has anyone else had this problem?
Old 08-08-2002, 08:09 AM   #22  

No, I have not had that problem, but I am not using it as much as you. I would contact the manufacturer to tell them of the problem. I am sure you are not the first complaint they have had.

I had that problem with one fry pan I bought from QVC. It was part of a 10 piece set. I wrote to them and they replaced the entire set!!!! NO charge. They really stand behind their products and I am sure George will too.

Can't hurt.
Old 10-03-2002, 07:16 AM   #23  

Default GF grill

Hi Y'all, it's been a long while since I've posted at 3FC. I heat up somethings on this grill that have surprised me... I like Amy's little pizza bits, and some other low fat./ cal bits on the grill and it takes no time... I do not own a microwave... Too cheap... It helped a lot duriing the hot months just to use it in alternative to the oven.

I have tried a full chiden breast on the grill and it took a very long time, didn't really get done and it was not chewable at all.. So I will tonight true what was suggested here... Flatten my breasts, I mean my chicken breasts, and see what the out-come is... I hope it works...

I am a typical bachelorate, but I don't mind cooking, just want to get it done in no time flat...

D ...

Last edited by Swan_lake; 10-03-2002 at 07:18 AM.
Old 10-03-2002, 10:46 AM   #24  
Inchworm

thanks swan_lake, good idea!
Old 10-03-2002, 11:54 AM   #25  

Default non stick coming off!!!

I would contact George Forman and let them know about that. They should make good on that. I had that problem with a fry pan I bought from QVC and they replace THE ENTIRE SET OF POTS not just the one pan.

So speak up.

I just gave my daughter a recipe for the GF grill and she loved it.

Take some chicken breast sliced (you can marinade them if you want ), sliced onion, peppers and grill until done. Remove from the grill and place a flour tortilla on the grill and top with the cooked chicken mixture. Put another tortilla (sp) on it and grill until hot.... She put some cheese in it too. She loved it. also try some beef sliced for fahitas.
Closed Thread