Old 05-15-2006, 05:27 PM   #1  

Default freezer friendly recipes

This Thursday, my Mom and I are going cook a few entrees to freeze for later use. Anyone have any freezer friendly favorite recipes to share? Thanks-Beth
bethinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 06:14 PM   #2  

the cabbage roll recepie from this site.. the crock pot forum i think.. you could always alter it for the oven instead of the crock pot
Losingitin06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 08:40 PM   #3  

Thanks!
Old 05-16-2006, 09:41 AM   #4  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Default Lasagna recipe

I find if you are making lasagna you may as well make more than one and freeze the extra ones for later use.

Here is a good recipe that was originally posted by 3fc member monarchcmj (you could make one and split it between your mom and you or cut and transfer to single serving tupperware and freeze for lunches or dinners)

"This is a lasagna recipe from a Light N' Tasty cookbook. it makes 12 servings and each serving is 7 points. It is YUMMY! My kids and DH loved it"

Makeover Lasagna with Two Sauces:

Serves: 12

INGREDIENTS:

* 1 pound lean ground beef
* 1/2 pound lean ground pork
* 1 cup finely chopped onion
* 4 garlic cloves, minced
* 1 cup dry red wine or beef broth
* 4 cans (15 ounces each) tomato sauce
* 2 teaspoons sugar
* 1 teaspoon dried oregano
* 1/4 teaspoon pepper
* Dash paprika
* 2/3 cup bulgur
* 2 cups boiling water
* 12 uncooked lasagna noodles

* CREAM CHEESE SAUCE:
* 1/4 cup butter
* 1 cup all-purpose flour
* 4 cups fat-free milk
* 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
* 1/4 teaspoon each salt and ground nutmeg
* 1/8 teaspoon pepper
* 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Parmesan cheese

DIRECTIONS

In a large nonstick skillet, cook meat, onion and garlic until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the wine or broth. Simmer, uncovered, until wine is almost completely reduced. Add tomato sauce and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3 hours, stirring occasionally.

Place bulgur in a bowl; add boiling water and let stand for 1 hour. Drain; set aside. Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions; drain. In a saucepan, heat butter over medium heat until golden brown, about 4 minutes. Remove from the heat. In a bowl, whisk flour and milk until smooth; stir into butter. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low; add cream cheese and seasonings. Cook and stir until smooth. Stir bulgur into meat sauce.

In a 13-in. x 9-in. x 3-in. lasagna dish coated with nonstick cooking spray, spread 1 cup meat sauce. Layer with with 4 noodles, a third each cream cheese and meat sauces and 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese. Repeat layers. Top with remaining noodles, sauces and Parmesan cheese. (Pan will be full.) Cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Uncover; bake for 15 minutes. Let stand for 20 minutes before cutting.
mauvaisroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 12:16 PM   #5  

Thanks-the lasagna recipe is on my "to do list" this tomorrow.
Old 07-17-2006, 12:27 PM   #6  

I just made a whole bunch of chicken cutlets and froze half of them...that way when I want one I can defrost it and cut it up for a salad or throw mozz. on it, or make chicken parm out of it...lots of options
sreilly106 is offline   Reply With Quote