Chicken Cordon Bleu
Serves - 4
Points - 6
4 serving olive oil cooking spray, or enough to coat chicken
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast(s), four 4 oz pieces
12 slices of deli sliced lowfat ham
4 oz. Laughing Cow light swiss cheese
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup dijon honey mustard
1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs, Italian-style
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat a baking dish (9x9) with olive oil cooking spray.
2. Place chicken breasts between two pieces of plastic wrap and pound to 1/4-inch thickness; remove plastic wrap. Arrange 3 slices of ham and 1 oz. of cheese on each chicken breast.
3. Starting from shorter end of chicken, roll up breast into a tight pinwheel. Tuck in ends. Secure with toothpicks.
4. Place flour, honey mustard and bread crumbs in 3 separate shallow bowls. Add chicken to flour; turn to coat. Transfer chicken to honey mustard; turn to coat. Place chicken in bread crumbs; turn to coat.
5. Transfer chicken to prepared baking dish, and coat with cooking spray. Bake until chicken is golden brown and cooked through, about 40 minutes. Remove toothpicks and serve.
This is wonderful!