Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2004, 09:48 PM   #1  

Question anyone have swordfish recipes?

I love grilled swordfish, but I like it even better if it's been marinated. Problem is that I can't find any for ww. I know a 6 oz. piece is worth 6 points and that's about it. Does anyone have a good recipe?

Cathy

sw 261/cw 261 (haven't gone for first weigh in yet) gw 145

Old 09-01-2004, 12:35 AM   #2  
CrAzY GiRl on a mission!

S/C/G: 307/307/150

My favorite is to baste the swordfish in lemon juice and season it with fresh ground pepper. There is no need to actually marinate as swordfish is just pourus enough to absorb the lemon while cooking.
I have also discovered multiple pre-packaged marinades that may be great as well, but have not figured point values as of yet.
Old 07-18-2005, 08:22 PM   #3  
2fat4mypants

S/C/G: 180/175/130

Grilled Gingered Swordfish
Keys: Fish Low Calorie Fat Free Diet Grill
Yield: 6 Servings

Ingredients:

6 x Swordfish steaks,1"thick
3/8 cup Dry sherry
1 1/2 x Garlic clove,mince
2 1/4 tsp Ginger,mince
1 1/2 tsp Lemon zest,grated
1 cup Soy sauce
1 1/2 x Carrot,small,minced
1 1/2 tbl Red bell pepper,nince
3 x Scallions,small,chop fine
3 tbl Extra virgin olive oil

Method:
1) Place fish in glass dish. 2. Combine soy sauce,sherry,carrot,garlic,red pepper,ginger,scallions & lemon zest.Pour over fish.Cover & set aside 1hr at room temperature.Remove fish from marinade & pat dry,& brush w/oil. 3.

Light grill or broiler.Brush grill rack or broiler pan w/vegetable oil & cook fish steaks,4" from heat,turning once & basting occasionally w/remain- marinade until the fish is opaque throughout,4-5min @ side.
Old 07-18-2005, 08:22 PM   #4  
2fat4mypants

Swordfish and Pineapple Brochettes
Keys: Low Fat Main Dish Seafood Fish Tropical Fruits
Yield: 1

Ingredients:

1 sm pineapple
1/3 cup orange juice
1/4 cup chopped peeled gingerroot
1 lb swordfish steaks 1" thick
3 tbl nonfat mayonnaise

Method:
Peel and core the pineapple. Cut part of the flesh into 12 (1-inch) cubes and reserve.

Coarsely chop the rest of the pineapple and place in a blender. Add the orange juice and ginger. Puree. Pour into a bowl or shallow baking dish.

Cut the swordfish into 16 cubes. Add to the pineapple mixture, toss to coat, cover and allow to marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour.

For each serving, alternate four swordfish cubes and three pineapple cubes on an 8-inch skewer. Reserve the marinade.

Place the skewers on a lightly oiled broiler pan. Broil about 4 inches from the heat for 4 to 5 minutes, turning three times to evenly broil all sides.

Place the reserved marinade in a 1-quart saucepan. Bring to a boil. Pour into a bowl. Whisk in the mayonnaise until smooth. Serve with the brochettes.

This recipe yields 4 servings.
Old 07-18-2005, 08:23 PM   #5  
2fat4mypants

Swordfish Souvlaki
Keys: Fish Seafood Low Calorie Fat Free Diet Main Dish Ocean Swordfish
Yield: 1

Ingredients:

1 lb swordfish steak cut into 1" cubes
(about 1 inch thick, skinless)
1 tbl fresh lemon juice
1/2 tsp dried oregano crumbled
4 x loaves pita bread 6-to-7-inch
(preferably pocketless)
1 lrg cucumber
8 oz plain lowfat yogurt
1 1/2 tsp fresh mint leaves chopped
1/2 tsp minced garlic mashed to a paste w/
1/2 tsp salt
2 med plum tomatoes chopped coarse
1/2 sm red onion cut into slivers
1/4 cup Italian parsley (Flat Leafed)
washed, spun dry, and torn
Four 12-inch bamboo skewers soaked in water 1
hour

Method:
Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Prepare grill.

In a bowl toss swordfish with lemon juice, oregano, and salt and pepper to taste and marinate, covered and chilled, 15 minutes.

Wrap pitas in foil and keep warm in oven. Peel and seed cucumber and grate coarse. Wrap cucumber in a kitchen towel and squeeze to extract liquid. In a small bowl stir together cucumber, yogurt, mint, garlic paste, and salt and pepper to taste. In another bowl combine tomatoes, onion, parsley, and salt and pepper to taste.

Thread fish onto skewers and grill on an oiled rack set 5 to 6 inches over glowing coals, turning once, until just cooked through, about 8 minutes. Remove fish from skewers. (Alternatively, cook fish in a heated well-seasoned ridged grill pan in same manner.)

Divide cucumber mixture among pitas, spreading to cover, and top with fish. Sprinkle tomato mixture over fish and roll pitas into cones, wrapping with parchment paper or foil to secure.

Yield: 4 servings

NOTE: YOU CAN SUBSTITUTE OTHER FRESH HERB FOR THE MINT (Which I don't like)
Closed Thread