Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2003, 08:20 PM   #1  

Smile Lemon-Garlic Roast Chicken -- 6 pts

Yet another highly acclaimed recipe from WW Take-Out Tonight. Buy this cookbook if you have the chance. It's well worth the $9.95 IMHO!

Jane

* Exported from MasterCook *

Lemon-Garlic Roast Chicken -- 6 pts

Recipe By : WW cookbook, Take Out Tonight
Serving Size : 4 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories :

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil -- divided
3 cloves garlic -- minced
1 teaspoon oregano
1/2 teaspoon marjoram
3/4 teaspoon salt -- divided
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
4 skinless bone-in chicken breast halves -- (I'm sure it would be fine with boneless too)
1 pound small red potatoes -- quartered
1/2 cup water

1. Preheat oven to 425 F

2. Combine the lemon juice, 1 T. of the oil, the garlic, oregano, marjoram, 1/2 tsp of salt and 1/8 tsp. pepper in a large bowl (I used a ziploc). Add the chicken, tossing well to coat and marinate 20 minutes (I marinated for 3 hours but I didn't plan that!!)

3. Meanwhile, combine the remaining 1/2 T. oil, 1/4 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp pepper in a medium bowl. Add the potatoes and toss well to coat. Place a wire rack in the center of a large rasting pan. Arrange the potatoes around the rack and roast 20 minutes.

4. Remove the chicken from the marinade, reserve marinade. Remove the potatoes from the oven and plae the chicken on the wire rack. Add the water to the reserved marinade and pour over the chicken and potatoes. Roast chicken and potatoes 20 minutes, baste with the pan juices. Return the pan to the oven and roast until the internal temperature is 170 F. (I didn't need the last 20 minutes, my chicken pieces were done. The potatoes were done, too, since they were small.)

4 servings, 6 WW points per serving

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 273 Calories; 7g Fat (22.2% calories from fat); 30g Protein; 23g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 68mg Cholesterol; 485mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain(Starch); 4 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 Fat.

NOTES : This chicken is the best I've had in ages! I am rating it a 21 21 on a scale of 1 - 10. From the Cooking Light board

Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Old 07-28-2003, 01:20 PM   #2  

Sounds Great - I'll try it this evening
Thanks
Old 02-12-2004, 04:06 PM   #3  
Pending Email Confirmation

Ooh! Ooh! and Ooh!! I took some chicken out of the freezer today to make a chicken dinner, but didn't have a recipe. I do now!

Patience
Old 04-17-2004, 11:08 PM   #4  
nursedrew

What is marjoram?
Old 04-18-2004, 01:03 AM   #5  
Leaning out of Lurkdom ;)

Height: 5' 7"

nursedrew majoram is a herb/spice. and like rosemary and thyme goes very well with poultry dishes. along with soups, sauces and the like. you will find it in the spice isle at any major grocery store.

i planted an herb box this year and it will be hung outside my kitchen window. i cant wait to savour all the fresh flavours. ask me again come july about majoram and i will give you a whole list of other yummies........wink n grinz

sincerely,
sassy
Closed Thread