Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breasts

• I fixed this recipe last night and the family LOVED it! It's a keeper! (I cut the recipe in half since there's only four of us).

Ingredients:
    12 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
    12 slices bacon
    2 tablespoons butter
    2 (8 ounce) cartons chive & onion cream cheese
    salt

Directions:
    Flatten chicken to 1/2″ thickness. Spread 3 tablespoons cream cheese over each chicken piece. Dot with butter and sprinkle with salt, then roll up. Wrap each with a bacon strip. Place seamside down on a greased pan. Bake uncovered at 400F for 35-40 minutes, or until juices run clear. Broil 6 inches from the heat for 5 minutes, or until bacon is crisp.

Servings: 12
    WW Points per serving: 10
  • This sounds yummy ... but also very bad for you with all that bacon and butter.
  • Quote: This sounds yummy ... but also very bad for you with all that bacon and butter.
    Yeah, that's probably why it's so high in Points.
  • Quote: Yeah, take this to the low carb recipe threads. WE'LL give it the appreciation it clearly deserves
    I believe the website I found it from is a low carb site. I can't remember. Enjoy!
  • Quote: Yeah, take this to the low carb recipe threads. WE'LL give it the appreciation it clearly deserves
    What she said!
  • Feel free to snag it for the low-carb forums.
  • I might try to adapt this for Southbeach by using turkey bacon and replacing the butter w/ Southbeach approved butter. Not sure what to do about the cream cheese part since finding that in neufchatel cheese sounds impossible...maybe I'll replace it w/ ricotta or sour cream and chives. Sounds yummy!!!
  • Natasha ~ Can you eat Laughing Cow cheese? I believe they have a flavor that might suit this recipe. I use it in my Chicken Cordon Bleu recipe all the time and it tastes really good.
  • Quote: Natasha ~ Can you eat Laughing Cow cheese? I believe they have a flavor that might suit this recipe. I use it in my Chicken Cordon Bleu recipe all the time and it tastes really good.
    I can, I can!!! I practically live off it for snacks, LOL, and I use it to make an Alfredo Sauce that's surprisingly yummy. Is it the garlic and herb that you use???
  • This was really great. I changed it though. I used 1/3 less fat chive and onion cream cheese. The first time we tried it, we wrapped it in center cut bacon. We felt that the bacon didn't really add much so now we just pound the chicken and fill it with 3 tablespoons of the cream cheese. We don't use the butter, just roll it and bake it for 40 mins at 400 degrees. It is 5 points, 6 if you use the bacon. I thought this was a great new way to prepare chicken I never would have thought of. We eat a lot of chicken on WW so new recipes are always appreciated. Thanks for posting.
  • I had this years ago but the receipe I had called for the chicken breast, a thin slice of cream cheese and wrap the chicken closed with a strip of bacon. Like your family, my entire family loved it and I would use fat free cream cheese and you couldn't tell the difference. I don't think the bacon is suppose to be too strong, just to add a hint of taste to it. I'm thinking about using the laughing cow cheese (blue cheese one) to see how it will taste.
  • I am definitely trying this out! Many thanks for sharing!