Old 05-24-2006, 10:10 AM   #1  
hottie inside

S/C/G: 170/170/130

Height: 5' 4"

Default Yummy Spaghetti Sauce

This is a spaghetti sauce I made last night with my ww spaghetti. I have been trying to adapt my old sauce to be SBD friendly and I think I've done it. Give it a try! I'm also including the 'baked' spaghetti recipe below it in case you like yours baked with cheese. See the 'Garlic and Cheese Toasted Pita Wedges' recipe also for a nice substitution for garlic bread.

Yummy Spaghetti Sauce

1-1/2 lbs. Lean ground beef or turkey
¼ c. onion, chopped
½-1 tsp. Chopped garlic – I use the minced in the jar
1 large or 2 small cans of tomato paste
salt
pepper
1 TBSP olive oil
2 cans tomato sauce
1 ½ tsp garlic powder
1 tsp Italian seasoning
½ tsp oregano
1 packet Equal

Heat the olive oil in a skillet. Add the onion, garlic, ground beef, and tomato paste. Stir all together. Season with salt and pepper.

When meat is cooked through (you will be able to tell because it will break down and not be clumpy), add 2 cans of tomato sauce and stir. Add garlic powder, Italian seasoning, oregano, 1 packet of Equal, and more salt and pepper. Stir all together. Let simmer 10-15 minutes. Serve over whole wheat spaghetti.

Baked Spaghetti:
Combine 1 lb. cooked whole wheat spaghetti and sauce in a large pot. Stir to coat the spaghetti. Transfer to a greased casserole (use cooking spray), cover with foil, and bake at 350 for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, take the foil off and cover the top of the spaghetti with low fat mozzarella cheese. Bake for an additional 10 minutes. Broil for 5 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and toasty. Serves 8. I serve these with a salad and garlic and cheese toasted pita wedges.
wannabehotagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 01:42 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 200/200/120

Height: 5'3"

My favorite food of all time is spaghetti and I've been looking for a spaghetti sauce that is SBD friendly... Thanks for this.
momsy is offline   Reply With Quote